Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

BATES M9 2400 boots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭ Rooky1

mafo wrote: »

Hey Mafo

I have these boots and they are extremely good quality, very comfortable and of course keep my feet nice and dry:)

I couldn't find them in Ireland at all, and some of the prices in Ireland were just way too high of a mark up in my opinion.

I got mine from a company in the UK called Polimil.co.uk;
    http://www.polimil.co.uk/bates-boots/

They were priced sdecently and the postage wasn't bad. If I remember correctly I had them within a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭ sharpy2010

As Carl said these are fantastic boots. I've had these for over 4 years and found them extremely lightweight for goretex boots very comfortable and very waterproof and give great ankle support (and I used and abused these boots alot, I also have a pair of haix worth over €200 and I prefer the bates boots) all for £85 on polimil which is where I also got mine and I think I only waited about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 503 mafo

Thanks for the advice.
    It is a pity that so many needed items can only be purchased abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭ Rooky1

Very true mate. I would prefer to buy in country, but the shops either don't carry what you are looking for or a lot of time it is over priced:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭ sharpy2010

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Very true mate. I would prefer to buy in country, but the shops either don't carry what you are looking for or a lot of time it is over priced:(
    Very very true, yes at the moment times are tough and we all want a bargain so at times we are forced to buy abroad on some things as if you want quality boots in Ireland your paying over €200 for haix or meindl yet the bates boots have the same quality as these brands yet can come in at the same price as a pair of magnums here €80 (in mahers sports in cork) so in that instance buying abroad makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ Brixworkwear

Hi Folks there are two main differences in price between these boots and Haix/Meindl.

Firstly the Leather: there is a lot less of it in this boot and where there is leather it is a lot thinner.
    Secondly build location: these boots are built in China and the Haix and Meindl are made in Germany/ Europe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 13,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭ thermo

mafo wrote: »

for the price of the above i would go with the meindle eagles as they are bulletproof bit of kit and only a little bit more expensive (circa €190).
    i got a pair for work and they have held up to 7/8 years of use/abuse and still going strong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭ Depp

http://www.polimil.co.uk/adidas-gsg93-low-tactical-desert-boot.html

dont have much experience with boots but i absolutely love these...unbelieveably comfortable...wearing very well now...got them cheap enough off ebay too

Advertisement