Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazil aims to clone endangered animals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Cloning is always an interesting topic. As it was said at the start of the article, the emphasis should remain on typical conservation but I look forward to reading into this more to see how the project develops.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This reminds me of the stem cell zoo that was supposed to be started, where they would basically have the capability to clone any animal that was too endangered if need be. I think cloning is next logical step for conservation in many ways though only as a last resort.

it's a good idea to practice on animals that aren't quite endangered yet too so they can try and perfect the process. I would hope the long term goal is to be able to breed clones to re-populate wild populations otherwise it would be pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Cloning does seem to be slowly becoming more popular... How long would it take to clone something like a jaguar or a maned wolf?

Advertisement