Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Volunteering Abroad

Options
  • 12-11-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi! I'm looking into volunteering in some sort of animal conservation or refuge project next summer. I found one Organisation called Inti Wara Yassi in Bolivia which is alot cheaper than other ones i was looking at (on www.workingabroad.com ).
    Just wondering if any other Irish people have been to, or heard of this, and what they thought of it.
    If anyone wants to suggest other animal related volunteer programmes that would be great too :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Inti Wara is a great place. I met loads of people in South America who worked there and loved it. Just bring long clothes to fend of the mozzies!

Workingabroad's only aim to make as much money as possible out of you. That's why it's expensive. Inti Wara on the other hand is a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oinclark

Ya its ridiculous how much more it is through those volunteer websites. And alot of people dont know there are other ways to find places (I didnt until recently :P )

Hearing good things about inti wara yassi so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Hi was wondering how you got on with your application was looking this gang up and they look pretty amazing.

Advertisement