Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does a UScitizen need to enter Eire 2start business with Irish Girlfriend??

Options
  • 12-11-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey All,
    Hoping you can help!
    I am an Irish citizen, and have been dating my partner (US citizen) for 3.5years.

We have lived in the USA and S.E. Asia before. My partner is planning to come to Ireland in the next 2 weeks. He has been here before and received an extension of stay from the Immigration Officer in my locality which gave him an extra month in the country.

We hope to set up a business here in Ireland and my hope is that he can join me without having to leave after 3months-what rights would he have to do this with me? Or what would he need to do to stay here and do this with me?

Should he enter on a usual visa waiver, or should we apply for a defacto relationship status? Unfortunately we do not have a lease agreement or bank statements to verifiy our relationship. However we do have photographs that have been taking over the years, stamps on our passports proving we traveled to the same countries at the same time.
    Neither of us are ready to get married yet.

Immigration here is a minefield and there are no telephone services available.

Hope you can help,
    any advise is appreciated!

Thanks All,
    Lo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement