Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templebar

Options
  • 12-11-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

what do you think of Templebar? is it the Bohemian quarther of Dublin, a tourist trap to fleece visitors to our capital,who think we drink 24/7 or a loud urine smelling hole?
    would you say its popular amongst the Dubs themselves or exclusively for tourists?
    do all the pubs there have tourist prices or are there some that are more reasonably priced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

It's a load of hola houp to be honest, over priced load of rubbish.. Hate town just hate the place..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

It's a place for stag parties, hen nights, buskers who haven't quite made it to Grafton Street, knackers and tourists to laugh at Irish who can't drink in moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

It's a place for stag parties, hen nights, buskers who haven't quite made it to Grafton Street, knackers and tourists to laugh at Irish who can't drink in moderation.

are you suggesting there is an uncouth element in the place? how do they afford the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

It's a handy place to pull tourists, that's a fact.

• Advertisement

It's a handy place to pull tourists, that's a fact.

always good to know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

It's been crap since the Well Fed Cafe closed down.

Seriously though, the place is a tourist hotspot (junkies also) and it takes in a fair all chunk of change throughout the year which our economy surely needs. People forget how derelict Temple Bar used to be, here's the main square back in the late 70's, where the Quays Bar & Restaurant is now:

http://brandnewretro.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/screenhunter_01-sep-03-12-51.jpg?w=640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

It's full of Dubs, which is a negative.

Spiritual wrote: »

you are going to get Dubs in Dublin. it aint coppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

It looks like a rundown shíthole, like a large portion of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Polluted,drunken,over-priced hell hole of a Friday,Saturday night.Lovely place the rest of the time.

Ottway wrote: »
    It's been crap since the Well Fed Cafe closed down.

Seriously though, the place is a tourist hotspot (junkies also) and it takes in a fair all chunk of change throughout the year which our economy surely needs. People forget how derelict Temple Bar used to be, here's the main square back in the late 70's, where the Quays Bar & Restaurant is now:

http://brandnewretro.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/screenhunter_01-sep-03-12-51.jpg?w=640

Most European cities would try to keep the junkies away from the tourists. it reflects poorly on the image of the city.
    why are the junkies there.are they hoping to score tourists?

Is there pub there that has any charm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

Fuinseog wrote: »
    Most European cities would try to keep the junkies away from the tourists. it reflects poorly on the image of the city.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056804063
    why are the junkies there.are they hoping to score tourists?
    Free ambiance of music and chat and the hope of some tourists thinking Irish bums are quaint and throw them a few Euro.br />
    Is there pub there that has any charm?
    Farringtons pretends to have some and the tourists seem to be buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Please tell me what bar you frequent so i can avoid it.

Please tell me what bar you frequent so i can avoid it.

I won't.

What are you drinking sweetie?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Then I'd suggest staying out of Dublin altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Hard rock and Thunderoad cafe.

Nuff' said.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I hate it, went over there with about 15 of my English mates a few months back. First thing i saw when we got out of the taxi was a black dwarf dressed as a Leprechaun, sums the place up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Its no wonder most Americans confuse us with the English, considering all you'll meet in Templebar at the weekend is US/UK/Spanish tourists.

Another thing, why do the Spanish seem to like coming to Ireland so much? They never seem to be enjoying themselves either.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Then I'd suggest staying out of Dublin altogether.

Relax, I was only joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The area's around the square up til Oliver John Gogarty's is quite a tacky and touristy place,like Leicester Square is in London.

Tourists seem to like it though,so more power to them.

Book market on the weekend can be good much like the food market,the IFI is nice,and the Cow's Lane market is cool for a wander around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

The area's around the square up til Oliver John Gogarty's is quite a tacky and touristy place,like Leicester Square is in London.

Tourists seem to like it though,so more power to them.

Book market on the weekend can be good much like the food market,the IFI is nice,and the Cow's Lane market is cool for a wander around too.
    I agree, food market is GREAT. Go down there in the late afternoon, get the bargains ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Proxy wrote: »
    Another thing, why do the Spanish seem to like coming to Ireland so much? They never seem to be enjoying themselves either.

Too learn english mostly it's our language :D and maybe their Mothers think its safer here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

1210m5g wrote: »
    I hate it, went over there with about 15 of my English mates a few months back. First thing i saw when we got out of the taxi was a black dwarf dressed as a Leprechaun, sums the place up nicely.

He's Brazilian. Gas lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

mmm im gonna go with -
    "a loud urine smelling hole"
    for $100

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Those cnuts on the door of Moderation always turn me away. It's all about To Excess, the bouncers there are sound.

Town forum please and thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement