Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia v South Africa

Options
  • 12-11-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Anyone tracking this test match... been good so far, Micheal Clarke really put on a great double century today...Also Ed Cowan showed why he is picked to open so often

Interesting to see what tonight brings

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Amla just carries on, another 100 and should've reviewed the lbw..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Oh hes some cricketer alright...him and Clarke bring out the beauty of test match cricket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Hopefully Aussies getting confidence back to regain the ashes .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 heykevin

gonna be great match...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Michael Clarke with another 200. yikes.

and australia score 480+ in 86 odd overs...

That is some scary batting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ominous for England and the Ashes. Could be a battering this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

That was some innings from Clarke.....if the tail stays with him he might get 400 tomorrow!.......4 doubles in a year....wow!

SA's bowling this summer looks even more worse than India's did last summer when Clarke helped himself to a double and triple century in that series

SA 77/4 in 50 overs!!!!:(. .... chasing 430 and with Kallis injured look set to be thrashed on the 5th day

Draw, only 4 wickets on the 5th day and a Du Plessis 100*:cool:

Is there any reason why Philander or even Tsotsobe is not being picked ahead of Kleinveldt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

dfx- wrote: »
    Draw, only 4 wickets on the 5th day and a Du Plessis 100*:cool:

Is there any reason why Philander or even Tsotsobe is not being picked ahead of Kleinveldt

Vern was injured and they don't rate Tsotsobe in the longer format anymore, more likely they will turn to De Lange once he gets fit or even parnell who done well in their A games recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Up to today, I was worried about the Boks attacking bowlers. But today they came to the party.

12 wickets on the first day augers well for another super test. MCC really have slipped up only awarding a 3 test series here, and earlier a 2 test series between theese 2 KEEN adversaries.

For me, the 2 best Test sides playing against each other at the WACA.

Steyn has arrived this morning. Great ball to Clarke, 45/6 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Going by today's carry on the Aussies are still miles away from being competitive in the ashes, wouldn't trust bit a handful of their batsman in English conditions . :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Football Gambler

They certainly haven't got the back up bowlers, I think this has been proven in this test match. Siddle, Hilfenhaus, etc (the first choice attack) haven't exactly had the edge over the English batsmen over the last few years either..... and the batting can't keep relying on double hundreds from Michael Clarke, as that won't last (as won't Alastair Cook's current form), Warner and particularly also Hussey contribute with the bat.....all in all, as a team, I don't think enough of them contribute though.

In the unlikely event they get 632 and become world No.1 Test side again, it will be very short lived in my opinion....... I believe South Africa are the best Test team in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

today and tomorrow they have a chance to win. but it is so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

today and tomorrow they have a chance to win. but it is so hard.

Personally, I can't see the Aussies chasing this down.

But, I also say whatever the outcome, Test match cricket is the WINNER.

Who oh why ICC are You only allocating so few tests between these 2 great sides!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Personally, I can't see the Aussies chasing this down.

But, I also say whatever the outcome, Test match cricket is the WINNER.

Who oh why ICC are You only allocating so few tests between these 2 great sides!!!

Is it the ICC who decide how many tests then? I always thought it was decided between the Country Boards, and the home board had final say? England should have 5 tests against SA too if they can choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Finally got to see the highlights of today's play. Amla fully deserved a double century, but it was a great catch from Johnson at the same time.

Speaking of Johnson, his bowling to Elgar was close to perfect in my opinion. Each ball just roughed him up and got him so nervous, and to already have a duck in the first innings :O I felt sorry for him, everything was going against him.

Some of my friends who would know a slight bit about cricket because of me or Ireland's recent success can't understand how test cricket can be in any way good or exciting. All they'd have to do is watch this. Test cricket really is perfect, there is nothing better.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Is it the ICC who decide how many tests then? I always thought it was decided between the Country Boards, and the home board had final say? England should have 5 tests against SA too if they can choose.

You are right.......the ICC has nothing to with deciding the number of tests in a series

I guess no cricket board is a**ed about test cricket nowadays....If ever there was a test series crying out for 5 tests this was it

South Africa are no:1 by a country mile at present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

The days of 5 test series are pretty much gone unless the boards can guarantee the tickets will be sold. You can look at Englands fixtures until 2020 here - the only 5 test series are the Ashes and India in England. It really is a shame.

Edit: For the SA fans; the Protea's have no 5 test series planned and will only play 4 match tests against England (2015, 2017, 2020). Every other series is 3, 2 or no tests.

Australia (excluding the Ashes) will play 4 match series with India only, all others 3, 2, or no tests.

• Advertisement

4 should be the minimum though.

Great stuff, another away win. Steyn on the brink of 300 wickets and Kallis 60-odd from 13,000 runs

Advertisement