Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs for kids age 4

Options
  • 12-11-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi their hope i'm in the right place , just wondering if there is any boxing clubs / classes that i could enrol my 4 y/o son in , dublin 7,8, area

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,700 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Much much too young. I can't see any club entertaining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

Cheers thanks for your help

Jmcc001 wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for your help

Not to sound dismissive, but I just have never ever seen it in all my time in boxing clubs. I do believe insurance plays a big role, and a lot of clubs don't want kids until about aged 8-10 or so. There is a contacts thread at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

No problem mate
    i was just wondering because with winter coming tick and fast just looking for activities for him

Jmcc001 wrote: »
    No problem mate
    i was just wondering because with winter coming tick and fast just looking for activities for him

Offload the hyper youngster! I understand. Break for yourself!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I had a class for 5-10 year olds and raised the age to 7 as the 5-6 yr olds where chaos and where ruining the class, and this was not the real class so was more fun orientated, Boxing is too demanding for small kids physically and more so mentally, honest advise would be to get him into a judo club.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

walshb wrote: »
    I do believe insurance plays a big role, and a lot of clubs don't want kids until about aged 8-10 or so. There is a contacts thread at the top of the forum.

Insurance is for anyone who is a member of a club....whether they are 5 years old or 60 doesn't matter once they are a "member".

Advertisement