Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compliance with PP & BR 2002

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am close to buying a house which appears to have some minor issues of non compliance with planning permission, firstly the boundary which was to be of stone & was to have wing walls is a rendered wall without the wings. it is also fractionally too close to the boundary it should be 9m, its 8.8m. I am wondering is it possible to issue a cert with these minor issues?

Also how does one prepare a cert of complaince with the building regs if construction dates back to 2002?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

zelemon wrote: »
    I am close to buying a house which appears to have some minor issues of non compliance with planning permission, firstly the boundary which was to be of stone & was to have wing walls is a rendered wall without the wings. it is also fractionally too close to the boundary it should be 9m, its 8.8m. I am wondering is it possible to issue a cert with these minor issues?

Also how does one prepare a cert of complaince with the building regs if construction dates back to 2002?

Hi,
    You would engage a suitably qualified professional ( engineer / arch - With Adequate PI ) - to review site / structure and offer an 'opinion on compliance' with PP or BR -
    BR compliance would be to the regulations (2002) - if relevant at time of Grant permission.
    The boundary issues & the exact delineation of the boundaries would be the one to take heed on as they can be contentious points that can come back to haunt you down the line.
    mike f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

zelemon wrote: »

Be careful - it is the vendor who must furnish these documents not the purchaser.

If money is being borrowed then the legal department of those stumping up the cash will need to be satisfied with the documents.

Advertisement