Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amphian King and Base2Race

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a cranky fvcker, I know that. Everyone knows that. I complain alot. I seem to like complaining based on how much I do. However sometimes I do occasionally feel the need to give a shout out when people don't make me want to complain :)

Over the past while I've had alot of dealings with AmphianKing (Bray, Ballymount and Galway) and Base2Race. Advice has always been professional and informed. Shop assistants have been friendly, pleasant and most important knowledgeable. Prices have matched, or often beaten online retailers.

On two occasions both B2R and AK went out of their way to resolve issues that other shops had caused - thereby saving me ALOT of hassle and pain.

I was in Base2Race yesterday with the good wife getting her some new running gear. Pleasant experience that resulted in the purchase of some nice gear. Herself checked the price of the gear online after and she was, but I wasn't, surprised that online was more expensive. Just another pleasant dealing with a professional outfit.

hats off to you Base2Race and (all the) Amphiankings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

AKW banned for one month for hacking Tunneys account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

They are both very good to deal with although i hear AKW is terrible on a mountain bike, too soon AKW?:)

It helps that the guys are experts in their respective areas, helps with making an informed purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

They are both very good to deal with although i hear AKW is terrible on a mountain bike, too soon AKW?:)

Nope. Fully deserve the abuse I get about my MTB 'skills'.

@Tunney - thanks for the very kind works, I'll pass on the compliments to everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Nope. Fully deserve the abuse I get about my MTB 'skills'.

@Tunney - thanks for the very kind works, I'll pass on the compliments to everyone involved.

You might ask them if they have my replacement wetsuit yet when you're talking to them :D

I most certainly will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Just ran my first marathon in racing flats thanks to staff in B2R, Kev in particular. He's an absolute headbanger but he knows his stuff when it comes to racing shoes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Couldn't agree more with OP. I actually remember I wrote a report somewhere here praising them after some dealings I had with them too! Everyone I talk to are of the same opinion of them too. They are first port of call for me. Well done to them and keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

+1 on what tunney has said. Great service and a pleasure to deal with in Galway and Ballymount, i don't often send friends etc to specific shops but AK are one i do every time !

AKW.......that has to be worth a 5% discount;)

AKW.......that has to be worth a 5% discount;)

You want me to reduce your discount level? :eek:

No problem. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I generally use Base2Race now too and always come away happy. Ive gone in a few times for a browse and found some great bargains! Good range of stock too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

any chance of opening a shop in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

+1 to what Tunney said.

Plus they supply coffee.

Darren offers good massage out there too even if he does like to inflict pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I was in this evening, emailed them a few weeks ago but only got around to going this evening (Ballymount).
    Great service, was there ages and very happy with my new running shoes :)

Nice vibe in general there, got a very good bike fit recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Basster wrote: »
    got a very good bike fit recently too.

how much was it ?
    anyone else got one in there and have any reviews ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

miller82 wrote: »
    how much was it ?

I've had a TT fit and very happy with it. Its agressive, but thats what I asked for. Buying a new bike off them and getting a fit on it tomorrow week, and given the level of service I've received from the thus far (as interested will tell you I've spent a lot of month there) I expect I'll be very happy with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Do base to race have a www? Do they do MTB clothes?

They do have a website. Like Amphibian King they prefer to have their customers in store to show & tell. The website is set up more for general information than as a web shop.

Give them a call about anything you are looking for and one of the guys can help you over the phone.

Same applies to the AK website, not always up to date so if there's something specific you're looking for, just give any of the shops a call.

BennyMul wrote: »
    any chance of opening a shop in limerick?

Not on the plans for the immediate future with ourselves in Oranmore just up the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

how much was it ?

I'm afraid I can't remember and can't find a record of payment, sorry.
    However when I was pricing the fitting service, it was the same cost as everywhere else give or take. Small bit more than some, less than others. And I'm assuming there's a large variability in service provided between shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

how much was it ?

Bought a bike from VeloMotion (located in B2R) and fitting was part of their service. Dominic must have spend at least 1.5h setting up few bikes for me to try out. Eventually settled on specific model, bought it and Dominic spent an other 1.5h setting it up for me. Very methodical and thorough in his process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

What I like about AK is the personal service and attention to detail. I'm generally pretty busy and my last 3-4 purchases have been conducted over FB or Twitter. Let them know what you want, they'll get it and just just give them a bell with your CC - make it easy and keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

TRR wrote: »
    Just ran my first marathon in racing flats thanks to staff in B2R, Kev in particular. He's an absolute headbanger but he knows his stuff when it comes to racing shoes :)

Kev sold me racing flats for DCM 2012, he told me that they would and I quote " knock at least 10mins off my time"; i knocked 2 mins off previous best!

I met him at the finish and told him I only went 2 mins quicker.
    "Did you do a PB?" he asked
    "I did" i replied
    "Well then, what are you complaining about!" he retorted.

top fella with top advice.

I go to amphibian king every time i need to purchase, cheaper or not.

Advertisement