Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scheppach CS55 Plunge Saw & Guide Rail

Options

Comments

I'm not sure if I see the benefit of using a plunge saw with a track as opposed to a regular circular saw with a homemade straight edge guide when you factor in the figures.

It just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

That being said, if I was given one I wouldn't say no ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You are paying for convenience and accuracy.I don't have one but know Mafell make one also with a folding track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I have the mafell one (2nd one) great saw and a lot better for site work than festool. although if i was solely working on clean tidy and more suitable sites the festool would definately be mmy first option. The mafell has a handy mitre attachment too, saves pulling out the chop saw for a couple of mitres, but takes a bit of getting used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

1chippy wrote: »
    I have the mafell one (2nd one) great saw and a lot better for site work than festool. although if i was solely working on clean tidy and more suitable sites the festool would definately be mmy first option. The mafell has a handy mitre attachment too, saves pulling out the chop saw for a couple of mitres, but takes a bit of getting used to.

did you ever consider buying the mafell lock morticer 1chippy i have a serious want for one of these but they dont make a 110 version which is a huge issue for me

no, firm believer in the virutex mortisor and thats after burning out two and the last one been stolen. looked into their roofing saws and nearly had them bought but that was back in 07. they were nearly 10k if i remember correctly for the full set up. class job but definately wouldnt work on native timber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Have a festo plunge saw and rail for 12 years now, great machine though was a bit p--sed off recently when I had to wait 10 days for brushes for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

1chippy wrote: »
    no, firm believer in the virutex mortisor and thats after burning out two and the last one been stolen. looked into their roofing saws and nearly had them bought but that was back in 07. they were nearly 10k if i remember correctly for the full set up. class job but definately wouldnt work on native timber.

i remember nearly falling over when iseen the price of a mafell skilsaw back around that time when i was doing roofs nearly every day from 01 to 08 and i could afford it:D.have watched every lads methods and read every book i could ever find on roofing and imo after trying loads of ways i settled on a hitachi 9 inch saw 7 inch saw,blue and orange sandvik handsaw,dewalt chopsaw on stand,hitachi gas gun ,stihl 12inch chainsaw johnson roofing square and perhaps most important of all a construction calculator what is your roofing kit 1chippy ps dont forget your nets:Dbigest health and safety joke ever

workshop was robbed and cleaned the van when i bought the tools new (26k stole i one year) went back to hitachi saw , nail guns and all the usual bits and pieces, wont buy hitachi again though, complete scrap and when i brought one of the guns back with a cracked cylinder they wouldnt replace it, (old hitachi saws were real workhorses). i reckon when it comes down to it the makita although slightly awkward seems to just last the best. i still use the mafell for plying.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

To be honest , i wouldnt leave home with out my festools and guides . I am a big fan of the plunge saw and guides . I was a bit of a douting tomas before as i was brought up with a 9 inch hitacht skill saw . Now i use the plunge saw all the way from Shuttering , roofing , 1st and 2nd fixing and shop fitting and its brillant .
    The one big thing i see is that there is two indents lines on Festool track for extra support its not on the Scheppach .

I rarely use the Hitachti saw , only would use it when cutting out a roof .

The lads a work a sick of hearing me praiseing the Festool products one good thing about festool if you have a problem with any of there products they will come out to your location or site and help you overcome you difficults with there product , how what orther company would bo that ???

Teepee

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kz

hi i have a scheppach saw and find it great to use ,no more clamping and measure for width of saw and base ,i also have a festool track saw still going strong the scheppach was to cheap not to try and is way better than i thought it would be!,bought it at carlow at scotts tools abought 300 with extra track so i can rip a full 8 by 4 sheet ,would never go back to skill saw and straight edge to much dickin around!
    hope this helps
    kz

• Advertisement
Advertisement