Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 306 and her gearbox

Options
  • 12-11-2012 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey lads, had a 306 about a month now and after a week of owning it i took a corner and heard a clunking noise, gearbox had gone and had to get her towed. A gearbox from a trusted friend's scrappy and a brand new clutch kit went into it. Now, 3 weeks later i was coming out of tesco and heard the clunky noise again so crawled home down the road to make it there. Basically the exact same symptoms as last time! The car also used to make a tappy/knocking noise from the drivers side in low revs but this has now disappeared with the gearbox knackered, the engine seems more healthy too, like its under less pressure or something, not as loud! I am sure there has to be an underlying problem as I can't believe 2 gearboxes have gone. Last peugeot I buy anyway, definitely getting a corolla again! Any ideas what could be causing this problem because I'm not going to be putting another gearbox into it if it's going to go again, it's already standing me 400 over what I paid for it. Thankyou in advance lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

Sounds more like a problem with the driveshafts or CV joints to me. How did you conclude that the first gearbox had "gone"?

Advertisement