Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Module Manipulation

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭

Do they ever let students carry modules forward in UCC. As in if you failed to sit the repeat in August, could they let you start the 2nd year and finish that module next year?

Or do they ever let students sit the written exam and then make up for the labs of the same module the next year? so that the student wouldn't have to lose a year. Also, in Chemical Science, I here that you can change around the module choices you've made once the fees are paid:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Do they ever let students carry modules forward in UCC. As in if you failed to sit the repeat in August, could they let you start the 2nd year and finish that module next year?

Or do they ever let students sit the written exam and then make up for the labs of the same module the next year? so that the student wouldn't have to lose a year. Also, in Chemical Science, I here that you can change around the module choices you've made once the fees are paid:confused:

Nope! Not unless it's severe exceptional circumstances. But if it was severe they'd pass you. You have to pass the full 60 credits to pass the year, unless pass by compensation exists, which means you can only really fail the exam by 10%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭StrugglingSoul

Nope! Not unless it's severe exceptional circumstances. But if it was severe they'd pass you. You have to pass the full 60 credits to pass the year, unless pass by compensation exists, which means you can only really fail the exam by 10%.

What one could do is apply to do the first half of 2nd year as a flexi student(allowed to do 30 credits as a flexi student), while completing the labs of the current module(s) next oct/november instead. Once finished those labs you would then qualify for 2nd year and you'd already be doing it!!! Then you would chance over night from being a flexi student to a full-time student. That would be one way around it.

What one could do is apply to do the first half of 2nd year as a flexi student(allowed to do 30 credits as a flexi student), while completing the labs of the current module(s) next oct/november instead. Once finished those labs you would then qualify for 2nd year and you'd already be doing it!!! Then you would chance over night from being a flexi student to a full-time student. That would be one way around it.

Then why ask if you already had an answer? :confused:

Then why ask if you already had an answer? :confused:

My previous post was meant to be a question!!

Best bet is to just pass the exams. Pass the exams you wont need to worry about this.

But as I already said, you need to pass everything to be allowed into the next year.

• Advertisement

Best bet is to just pass the exams. Pass the exams you wont need to worry about this.

But as I already said, you need to pass everything to be allowed into the next year.

Its just I'm wondering at this stage if I can change a module I'm registered for, (since I've paid the fees) and do a module instead that doesn't start until a few weeks, and then drop out of a geology module insread

That may have been an easier question to ask at the start xD

Ring/email the exams office about registration. I doubt you'd be able to change modules at this stage. You had until the middle of October to change anyway? Just have to suck up the crappy module for the year!

Advertisement