Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant keep Head on Budweiser from a can

Options
  • 11-11-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

cant keep head on Budweiser from a can . any ideas how to ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Do not put your beer glasses in the dishwasher, the detergent can kill the head. If you do put them in rinse them very well after, with hot water to help rinse/dissolve off any residue.

Do not put oils near them either, like putting milk in the glass, or greasy chipper hands touching inside the glass. Drinking with greasy lips will kill it too.

You can also get those glasses with micropore holes in the bottom, these give off a steady stream of gas. If they know you in your local they might give you one free. I recommend the tuborg ones, they do not give off too much, while the becks squarish glasses are ridiculous, and will give you a head for a while, but be flat after not too long. You can buy the glasses or look for promos in offies. Smaller offies might have some out the back, so you might have to ask. Coming up to christmas you might see more. The glass will have microetching in the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LiamOBR

thanks Rubadub .. I try get some of them .. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

your obviously a learner / provisional drinker.

Just drink it faster, Simples.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Mech1, take a read of the forum charter before posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Ok done that,

"This is a forum about loving alcohol, not hating your liver."

Whats the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The whole ethos of the charter and the forum in general is one that promotes sensible, mature discussion of alcohol, not "about beating a quick path to cirrhosis". If this isn't currently clear from your reading it I'll edit it in to make it even more obvious.

Your initial comment on this thread doesn't come close to the sensible discussion promoted. If you would like to discuss this further you can PM myself or one of the other listed moderators rather than on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Have you tried a nucleated glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,830 ✭✭✭✭listermint

As an aside, Does Budweiser have a head? I cant remember the last time ive seen a reasonable head on a budweiser. Admittedly i dont see it that often because i dont know anyone that drinks it.

Advertisement