Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enzo Mac stoppage

Options
  • 11-11-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

I dunno if anyone saw this on Friday but it was def en early stopage. I think the ref took Enzo's previous ko losses and jumped in way too early.

http://youtu.be/0oDnQ0TkpiA

Roughly about from 6mins 30seconds onwards.

Hopefully there'll be a rematch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Generally I would support a referee when stopping a fight. They have a tough job, and a split second, and I trust their judgment as they are the ones closest to the action. Better to stop it a punch too early against a punch too late. But, I think John Lewis was off on this call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

What did I just watch? What a travesty.

If that ref had been adjudicating in The Rumble in The Jungle it would have been called off the first time Ali sank against the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

That was an absolute joke, I think there were only 3 shots thrown in that sequence and I didn't see any land.
    Normally I'd prefer to see the ref stop it rather than risk seeing a fighters career cut shot but this one should go down as a no contest.
    If there that worried about Enzo he shouldn't be given a licence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

That should be called a no contest if anything, he was never in trouble and even he was landing some crisp shots as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i notice British Refs call off fights way earlier than the American one's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Jesus christ as dodgy as macs chin is he was clearly throwing back nice counters and thats as bad a stoppage as you are likely to see..whats the ref looking at?

There was one good clean shot that staggered Enzo. I assume Lewis saw that and waited a few secs and then stepped in. But Enzo seemed fairly lucid and with it, as well as defending and returning fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

That is shocking. It was shaping up to be an interesting fight. As a fan of Enzo I worry for guy fighting at light heavy. IMO he's cutting too much to avoid the heavy hands at cruiser.

Enzo at LHW is ridiculous. He must be killing himself. He was a fairly decent sized CW a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

Jesus, that was atrocious!!
    And that's coming from someone who has regularly declared that Enzo should not be fighting anymore as he is a bad KO waiting to happen. I think, as one poster already alluded to, the ref panicked knowing Enzo has been badly KO'd a few times now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement