Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am an Ghatair - TG4

Options
  • 11-11-2012 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Not sure if this series will be based entirely on events that happened during or around the War of Independence but another decent documentary from TG4.

http://www.tg4.ie/ie/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

Once again the 'reconstructions' are the biggest weak link. Why do they always have big overweight actors playing the IRA?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Too many cakes and buns in the safe houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alphalioness

This is a true story based on the book 'Florence and Josephine O'Donoghue's War of Independence'. Josephine was my Great Grand Aunt. Their story was kept very low key in the family for obvious reasons during the decades of 'the troubles'. Sometimes truth is stranger then fiction!

If there is anyone out there that knows how I can watch these programmes again, please let me know. TG4 no longer has these episodes , just a small trailer. Many members of my family have not seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

This is a true story based on the book 'Florence and Josephine O'Donoghue's War of Independence'. Josephine was my Great Grand Aunt. Their story was kept very low key in the family for obvious reasons during the decades of 'the troubles'. Sometimes truth is stranger then fiction!

If there is anyone out there that knows how I can watch these programmes again, please let me know. TG4 no longer has these episodes , just a small trailer. Many members of my family have not seen it.

It's still on their Player and looks like a full 20-ish min show.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alphalioness

Thanks for that. But as far as I know there were 2 episodes. the second one ran for 45mins. I have emailed TG4 & got no reply as yet.

Advertisement