Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys/Cisco Powerline Ethernet Kit £26.67/€33.32 on amazon

Options
  • 11-11-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

It's going for £26.01 on Amazon here.

Thats £26.67/€33.32 with Irish VAT.

Amazon doesn't seem to have a lot of detail, but a little googling and I found the kit seems to contain a PLTS200 and a PLTE200.

This should net you with an 85Mbps network through your powersockets - not extremely fast, but very very cheap :)

L,131.png

L,130.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Xzen wrote: »
    It's going for £26.01 on Amazon here.

Thats £26.67/€33.32 with Irish VAT.

Amazon doesn't seem to have a lot of detail, but a little googling and I found the kit seems to contain a PLTS200 and a PLTE200.

This should net you with an 85Mbps network through your powersockets - not extremely fast, but very very cheap :)

L,131.png

L,130.png

You still have to get the actual powerline "plugs" too though?

I remember seeing these in Currys and couldn't really see the use for them.

Far better just to get some actual power line "plugs" and attach one to router etc..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I used to use 1 of those for my consoles and media box, very very handy and stable, 4 ethernet ports are very useful, I also used it through an extension lead, never test connection speeds or anything but I was able to play on Xbox live with no problem, also I think I used Sky player through the xbox as well with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

PC CDROM wrote: »
    You still have to get the actual powerline "plugs" too though?

I remember seeing these in Currys and couldn't really see the use for them.

Far better just to get some actual power line "plugs" and attach one to router etc..

I have no idea what your talking about.

You plug these into the wall .. plug a network cable into each one and job done.

Bought two to compliment my existing 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Great stuff. Just got one. Thanks to OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

If you had brought the TP link powerline plugs from Ebay last month you would have got ones of these free ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 AndrewR

Pardon my ignorance but is the advantage of this package over something like TP powerline adaptors the fact that you get 1 x 4 port unit (PLTS200) to which you can pair 4 units (PLTE200). I'm currently using TP adaptors but am limited by the sockets around my router so if I could get 4 devices connected to one socket at the Router I'd be chuffed :-)
    One Q. - is the 85Mbps cumulative or individual? e.g. add a second PLTE200 and the 85Mbps is shared

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

lowelife wrote: »
    If you had brought the TP link powerline plugs from Ebay last month you would have got ones of these free ;)

Did that actually work? I thought the deal was UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Did that actually work? I thought the deal was UK only.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81676769&postcount=46

I sent mine off this morning as I had forgot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys I bought this before and it is not a "kit", its a single box.

Guys I bought this before and it is not a "kit", its a single box.

No biggie then, just return it for free.

Amazon is great that way.

Although I also bought this kit before and it included the 4 port hub and 1 port end point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

No biggie then, just return it for free.

Amazon is great that way.

Although I also bought this kit before and it included the 4 port hub and 1 port end point.

I too received a single box - this should be 2 boxes .. as I already have this kit at home !

Called the Customer Services and they are investigating...

I too received a single box - this should be 2 boxes .. as I already have this kit at home !

Called the Customer Services and they are investigating...

Me too .. just recieved an adapter.

Theres a clear picture on the box of what the 'KIT' is and what the adapter is, i've recieved and adapter.

Called CS and their investigating ... think it'll be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I really cant believe they havent fixed this!

I was hoping for whoever bought its sake I was wrong.

I reported the issue in June 2010! My post is still on the discussion section of the site.

I was offered payment towards return postage £12 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I got mine today and it was one box too. Very disappointed and returned today too. Looks like witnessmenow was right.

Advertisement