Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 can't get on internet on wireless networks

Options
  • 11-11-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

Have a new laptop Asus K55VD with Windows 8 (which so far is doing my head in.) and a qualcomm atheros ar9485 adapter. I was able to connect fine with a 3g dongle, but on the 2 wiireless networks I tried, the first it appeared to connect ok but no web pages would load, the second it connected but stated the connectivity was limited (no internet access), my older windows 7 netbook connected to the internet fine on both networks.

The Troubleshooter doesn't detect any problems. I've Googled it but can't find anything relevant enough. Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bump.

have the same problem, just wondering if you found a way to fix it or has anyone else had similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Er I have kind of fixed my problem, if you're on Eircom it may be your Zyxel router causing the problem. I switched back to my Netopia from 5-6 years ago and its been working properly so far.
    Will post again if it breaks or anything changes.

The joys of a new laptop :rolleyes:

Advertisement