Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do after bfp?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi girls,

Found out last week that Im pregnant! First baby so no experience in this dept at all! Just wondering whats the next step after ur bfp? When do u make a doc's appointment? How do you go about sorting out your hosp? When do you make an appointment for a scan etc?
    Certain members of mine & oh's family have a history of 'problems' so want to keep it between myself & him until at least 12 weeks so cant really ask any mams or sisters for advice. Hoping someone here can help!

Thanks all xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say leave for a week or so before going to your gp. If you go too early it may be hard to get a positive result. As soon as its confirmed you should apply to whichever hospital you want to attend. You also need to decide if you want private, semi private or public care.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

If I was you I,d get in touch with the hospital you want to go with first, my gp knew nothing about different care options such as domino and midwife led, by the time I had my first appointment in the coombe at 12 weeks it was too late to go on the domino scheme. They told me in the coombe I needed to apply for that in advance of first app! Considering I ony heard about it when I got to the coombe it was a bit late! Murphy's law.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Decide on a hospital,decide if you want to go public or private.
    Book a gp appointment,book hospital asap.

Congrats:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

When I got my positive test, I went to the doctor a few days letter and he didn't do any further tests. He just discussed folic acid with me and asked where I wanted to have the baby and wrote me a referral letter - he told me to call the hospital ASAP even though I was only 4 weeks pregnant. I called the next day to register with the hospital and book my 12 week appointment and 20 week scan - and that was that.

Congratulations!

Advertisement