Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere that can perform data recovery for HTC Android Phone?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Firstly, nothing is backed up because I am very foolish, the phone is not rooted, USB debugging is not enabled, it has no external SD memory, and it was only appear connected to a computer as an inaccessible HTC phone before it reboots again.

My lovely little HTC One S has become stuck in a boot-loop. It won't load into safe mode, just keeps on restarting and restarting, never getting past the second HTC load screen.

Does anyone know of a data recovery company that could rescue some important family photos off the phone?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

NR wrote: »
    Firstly, nothing is backed up because I am very foolish, the phone is not rooted, USB debugging is not enabled, it has no external SD memory, and it was only appear connected to a computer as an inaccessible HTC phone before it reboots again.

My lovely little HTC One S has become stuck in a boot-loop. It won't load into safe mode, just keeps on restarting and restarting, never getting past the second HTC load screen.

Does anyone know of a data recovery company that could rescue some important family photos off the phone?

Thanks!
    Have the same phone!
    I don't think anywhere in dublin will do it.
    Google xda developers on the pc, start an account and ask on the one s q and a forums, they should know, I'd you don't get a reply ask in general

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try basic stuff first

try the phone without the sim (unlikely but it's something you can do)

or

take the battery out, press the on/off button a couple of times to remove any residual power, leave phone overnight then try to turn it on again

Re reset procedures for phones, be very careful not to try a factory reset

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

try basic stuff first

try the phone without the sim (unlikely but it's something you can do)

or

take the battery out, press the on/off button a couple of times to remove any residual power, leave phone overnight then try to turn it on again

Re reset procedures for phones, be very careful not to try a factory reset
    There is a non removable battery in the phone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

multimate wrote: »
    There is a non removable battery in the phone
    that sort of thing sucks big time

you could wait for the battery to fully drain, but draining a lithium too much might cause irreparable damage

have you tried turning it on while the charger is plugged in ?

Advertisement