Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAS Books UK Customers / Suppliers VAT details

Options
  • 11-11-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I am using Tas Books v1.05.2285

For an EU customer or supplier from the UK, there is no GB prefix to enter UK VAT numbers.

Anyone experience this and have a work around.

I am not on support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,342 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there a 'UK' code?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Unfortunately not, only the following: 26 of 27 EU countries
    AT, BE, BG, CY, CZ, DE, DK, EE, EL, ES, FI, FR, HU, IE, IT, LT, LU, LV, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SE, SI & SK

• Registered Users Posts: 78,342 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is your copy registered / set-up as being in the UK? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Hi. It's multi company and direct from Tas Ireland, so it's Irish. This version purchased in 2010 is an upgrade from Tas Books Accounting also purchased from Tas Ireland.

The companies' are set up as Irish with IE vat numbers. If I wanted to change a company configuration, I could select any EU vat prefix except GB

The national prefix for the UK is GB

I have discovered that I cannot assign a GB vat number to any customer / supplier of any company moved from Tas Books Accounting. However if I set up a new company I can. I have also tried backing up an original company and creating a new company with the data file but that won't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

Hi Plu. You could try the following which should help resolve this issue.

Please ensure to take a back up of your company data before editing files, as mentioned below.

In TAS you should have a demonstration company which will be on the company manager screen. *

Firstly, close out of your own company and take a backup.

Go to the company manager screen and right click on the demonstration company that is listed there. Go to open company data folder, then double click on accounts and look for the file named MTACNTRY.B and right click on this file and go to copy.

Then go back to the company manager screen in TAS and right click on your own company which will be listed there and go to open company data folder and double click on accounts and go to edit and paste and say yes to replace. This will replace the file.

Now log back into your own company in TAS and you should now have GB listed.

* If you do not have a demonstration company in TAS, you can create one by going to company > New company and chose create a demonstration company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cliveocr

By coincidence, I just had the same problem with TAS V2.00.2455.

Copying MTACNTRY.B solved the problem.

Thanks,

Advertisement