Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mac book pro wont start

Options
  • 11-11-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi i was wondering if you could help me with my mac book.

In the last month or so my mac book has been acting up, everynow and then it would start running slow and ticking noise coming from what i think is the hard drive. When this happens i get that spinning colored ball for the pointer and everything stops responding.

Then last night it was running slow so i went to turn it off and back on again, and now it wont even switch on. I turn it on it makes that mac noise and then i get a white loading screen wgich normally has an apple logo on it but no its just showing a white circle with a line through.

Apologisies for any overly technical jargon, any advice would be great.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Do you have an OS X install CD/DVD? If you have, insert it and hold down <C> key as it reboots, it should give you access to Apple's Disk Utility and diagnostic appa.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭buckfast69

Will do. I still have the box that it came in somewhere fingers crossed the disk is in the box. Ill have a look for the disk when i get home. If i can't find the disk are difficult to get your hands on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

sounds like your HDD alright. get it backed up and get it into a service centre if its under warranty!

sounds like your HDD alright. get it backed up and get it into a service centre if its under warranty!

any idea how long the warrenty on the mac book pro is? It just over a year old at stage i think.

buckfast69 wrote: »

any idea how long the warrenty on the mac book pro is? It just over a year old at stage i think.

I couldnt find those disks to run the diagnostics. Ill ask around my buddies and see if anyone has one knocking around.

Having said that i was online earlier and there is a place in town that can service apples so id say ill bring it in there the next day im off work.

Thanks for the help so far peeps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement