Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Gloves?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a new pair of gloves for christmas. I love boxing but at my age (and fitness level ;)) it's just a hobby. So I'm not looking for super advanced proffesional stuff.

I bought a pair of RDX "Gel" gloves for €40. Apparently they have a layer of gel for cushioning or something. I tried them on and did not like the feel of them at all! I prefer my current cheap ProStyle than them!

I'm looking on amazon and the choice is overwhelming! Someone suggested Addidas would be a good brand.

So would anyone have a recommendation for a pair? Or amazon link would be better? Budget around €50 - €60?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

http://www.pakvelo.com/Pro.asp?Main=4

cheap and very durable. comfy fit and all round a good glove i feel

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

keane=cock wrote: »
    http://www.pakvelo.com/Pro.asp?Main=4

cheap and very durable. comfy fit and all round a good glove i feel

agreed, have them myself , they are v good

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

if your looking for a good glove for 50-60euro have a look at these

http://www.topprosports.ie/product_info.php?products_id=204&osCsid=ce37a834fe189487b1a62ceebe6bfe72
    I have a few pairs of these. Well worth the money.
    Here is another I have a few of too

http://www.boxingmma.ie/magento/index.php/gloves/fight-gloves/lonsdale-ultimate-pro-fight-contest-glove-2.html
    60 euro for these top gloves with 5 euro delivary. Most comfortable glove for that price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭derkav

Hey Guys,

Ive recently taken up boxing as part of my fitness regime. Firstly I have to say its great for that, but I want to spar too. The club have gloves but to be honest there well rough and smell quite bad. I have to wash my hands twice or three times after training to get rid of the stench.

Bottom line Im going to buy my own gloves. I am 192 cm (6'3") and 91kg (14 st 4lb). What weight glove should I go for? Would I be better off to buy a separate pair for bag work and sparring or would you recommend using the same pair in order to train with the same speed. Also any suggestions on a decent brand. Sports direct have lonsdale ones but unsure as to quality for money?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,737 ✭✭✭✭walshb

derkav wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Ive recently taken up boxing as part of my fitness regime. Firstly I have to say its great for that, but I want to spar too. The club have gloves but to be honest there well rough and smell quite bad. I have to wash my hands twice or three times after training to get rid of the stench.

Bottom line Im going to buy my own gloves. I am 192 cm (6'3") and 91kg (14 st 4lb). What weight glove should I go for? Would I be better off to buy a separate pair for bag work and sparring or would you recommend using the same pair in order to train with the same speed. Also any suggestions on a decent brand. Sports direct have lonsdale ones but unsure as to quality for money?

Thanks

Spar gloves for sparring alone. Then buy bag/pad gloves. They should be slightly lighter than the spar gloves. Spar gloves for your size should be 14-16 oz. Bag/pad gloves should be 10-12 oz. Everlast is the ones I think are best.

endswell wrote: »

Quality gloves them ones.

Cheers walshb, Thanks for the info. May well go with the Adidas ones. At least I would expect them to be a durable make.

derkav wrote: »
    Cheers walshb, Thanks for the info. May well go with the Adidas ones. At least I would expect them to be a durable make.

I can vouch for the adidas ones. A friend of mine has two pairs. One for bags and one for sparring. Very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

If you're buying Adidas get good quality leather ones, many of the gloves being sold for €45 odd in the chain sports shops (ye know the ones) are utterly brutal and will explode a couple of months into hard training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

These are my bag gloves

http://www.rivalboxing.com/en/boxing-equipment/c378109105/bag_gloves/p17625527.html

RB10%20WHITE.jpg

Best gloves I've worn by a long way.

These are my bag gloves

http://www.rivalboxing.com/en/boxing-equipment/c378109105/bag_gloves/p17625527.html

RB10%20WHITE.jpg

Best gloves I've worn by a long way.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy Price batman. Although they do look the Dogs and id say there good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Bumpy

RB10-d3o_1_1024x1024.jpeg?2119

I got those 2 weeks ago , used them a few times ,it seems that those gloves are getting good reviews everywhere but from whatever reason my wrists hurt when hitting the bag (wraps on ).

Won't be using them again , £130 down the drain :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Jarren wrote: »
    Bumpy

I got those 2 weeks ago , used them a few times ,it seems that those gloves are getting good reviews everywhere but from whatever reason my wrists hurt when hitting the bag (wraps on ).

Won't be using them again , £130 down the drain :( .

What size are they?
    Looking for bag gloves at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

M-medium

Mind you, those are only bag gloves, not to be used for anything else.

Advertisement