Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Venue - Castle Dargan

Options
  • 11-11-2012 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi all, considering Castle Dargan as a winter wedding venue. Anybody get married here or attend a wedding there in the last few years? Any help be greatly appreciated! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 annabella26

we attended one year before last and have it booked as our own venue

food was fab, staff were really friendly, very relaxed athmosphere and kim the wedding organiser is brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭TAPA2012

we attended one year before last and have it booked as our own venue

food was fab, staff were really friendly, very relaxed athmosphere and kim the wedding organiser is brilliant

Thank you! Its great to get feed back! I cant visit the venue to look at it. Kim seem reallyt good to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Not sure about pricing as i was only a guest, but it was a beautiful venue for the wedding.

I returned a year later to stay the night prior to my own wedding in markree castle.

When the staff found out the reason we (all my family and friends from dublin) were staying, they set us up a banquet table (for 40+) at zero notice and put the wine on the house!

Squ wrote: »
    Not sure about pricing as i was only a guest, but it was a beautiful venue for the wedding.

I returned a year later to stay the night prior to my own wedding in markree castle.

When the staff found out the reason we (all my family and friends from dublin) were staying, they set us up a banquet table (for 40+) at zero notice and put the wine on the house!

how did you find one over the other? service wise, bedrooms, food?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 annabella26

TAPA2012 wrote: »

Thank you! Its great to get feed back! I cant visit the venue to look at it. Kim seem reallyt good to deal with.

I have to take a lot of pics of it and interior and potential weddin decor wise within the next week if u want me to send you on a copy? Also mark capillitan an gary barett do a lot of weddings there aswell if you want to see it from the pictures point of view

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

TAPA2012 wrote: »

how did you find one over the other? service wise, bedrooms, food?
    Cant really compare the two as they're opposite ends of the spectrum.

Castle dargan is excellent in a contemporary effortless class sort of way

Markree is like going back in time :)

Hard to do justice to the food in markree with text only. Ive never had better before or since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

In my opinion the foods not great in Castle Dargan for weddings. it always seems overcooked especially the veg and not too keen on the L shaped dining room - feels like the crowd is separated or something. Like the front room as a reception room.

I have to take a lot of pics of it and interior and potential weddin decor wise within the next week if u want me to send you on a copy? Also mark capillitan an gary barett do a lot of weddings there aswell if you want to see it from the pictures point of view

That be great! thank you!:)

Advertisement