Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting about a fundraiser

Options
  • 10-11-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been around a while posting bits and pieces here and there anyway, I am looking for advice about posting details of a fundraiser my local youth group have organised.

I was going to post it in North County Dublin forum because we are based out that direction and in Dublin City forum as we will be having in Dublin City and possibly in the volunteer section too

Would posting the same thing in those forums be considered spamming or would it be ok as per the rules.

I hope someone can point in the right direction!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,091 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

On the face of it, it would seen as self-promotion, so if it was posted without permission it would be considered spam. Repeatedly posting the same thing on multiple forums would also be interpreted as spam. So ask the mods of the intended forum first for the their permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Spear wrote: »
    On the face of it, it would seen as self-promotion, so if it was posted without permission it would be considered spam. Repeatedly posting the same thing on multiple forums would also be interpreted as spam. So ask the mods of the intended forum first for the their permission.

Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement