Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wotlk release - Pandaria patch size

Options
  • 10-11-2012 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how big the patch size is if I'm patching from wotlk retail to current patch of wow?

I'm waiting for Eircom to install my line so am using a HSDPA modem with a small download limit so don't want to to blow it all on patching wow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

At an educated guess, I would say 5-10GB. Unless you have a massive limit, I would recommend waiting til you get Eircom. Or steal broadband from a neighbour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No open wifi networks near me :(

No I understand why some guildies insist on buying disc versions instead of digital. Hopefully Eircom sort me out this side of xmas.

EDIT: just checked. its 18 gigs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Do you have a laptop? If so:
    Take laptop out
    Walk around until you find free wifi.
    ???
    Profit (or just pay wow)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone know how big the patch size is if I'm patching from wotlk retail to current patch of wow?

I'm waiting for Eircom to install my line so am using a HSDPA modem with a small download limit so don't want to to blow it all on patching wow.

WoW is not rooted to an install, its transferable from drive to drive, Pc to PC.
    I just moved my folder from one HD to an SSD this weekend.

Get a friend to DL it and put on a portable HD and your sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TheDoc wrote: »

WoW is not rooted to an install, its transferable from drive to drive, Pc to PC.
    I just moved my folder from one HD to an SSD this weekend.

Get a friend to DL it and put on a portable HD and your sorted

Good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

i always keep an updated copy of wow laying about on my hard drives just incase i ever have to wipe my pc delete f***ing everything so to speak, which could happen as my lappy sucks ba**s

Advertisement