Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 problem

Options
  • 10-11-2012 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

Hi, So I upgraded the parents laptop a few days ago to windows 8. Downloaded grand and was using it for a while and it was working perfectly. However they rang me to say that the laptop switched off and they cannot turn it back on.

So when I turn it on now, it powers up the name of the laptop pops up and then Windows tries to start loading with the little balls going in a circle but this is were it stops and the computer just stays on this screen and freezes.

Pretty sure its a windows problem as the laptop always worked perfectly.,

Anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'd recommend trying to get it into safe mode first.
    Keep tapping F8 just after you power it on to bring up a menu and select safe mode.

If it boots OK into safe mode, it's good news, that means it's probably just a software/driver conflict or a botched update or something.

Try a normal restart after getting in to safe mode, to see if windows has sorted itself out.
    If not, go back to safe mode and try scanning the Hard-Disk for errors.

Advertisement