Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperbole Images of Sandy Damage.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah I don't know what any of that stuff is either but without doubt the trains don't need any of that crap working to run on time without killing anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

I opened this link expecting to see scenes of subway trains washed away and the infrasturture in bits.

Will somebody please think of the relays!

http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-nyc-subway-damage-2012-11#ixzz2BoQLS8tH
    Since the subway runs on electricity you did see the infrastructure in bits, the electrical infrastucture that powers the subway!

The wrestler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

What part of this is hyperbole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

NY subway system is so dirty the inundation maybe did it some service..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

We get rain every other day. you don't hear us whinging about it, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Why did you feel the need to start a thread about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

juan.kerr wrote: »
    We get rain every other day. you don't hear us whinging about it, do you?
    Indeed. Rain = hurricanes. Always.

Thought this was going to be about the NY equivalent of the New Orleans Superdome after Hurricane Katrina.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Why did you feel the need to start a thread about this?
    I'm gonna take a couple of guesses: chip on shoulder, America hatred/obsession, pushing agenda... that kinda weird stuff.

• Advertisement

Madam_X wrote: »
    Indeed. Rain = hurricanes. Always.

You missed my sarcasm. Perhaps I need to start using the appropriate smilie.

You missed my sarcasm. Perhaps I need to start using the appropriate smilie.
    Sorry. It is the kind of thing some would say being serious here though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Should keep plenty of people employed for a bit, no harm in that.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Sorry. It is the kind of thing some would say being serious here though. :)

No problem. One of my pet hates is small talk about the Irish weather and in particular peope complaining about the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

No problem. One of my pet hates is small talk about the Irish weather and in particular peope complaining about the rain.

Hopefully it will stay dry for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The operators of the subway are probably half delighted that this gives them a blank cheque to carry out widespread overhauling and upgrading of the systems. Even install flood-resistant infrastructure (the boxes of course, not amphibious trains).

Out of most disasters comes something of a good thing in that there's a clean sweep to allow them start again from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Yeah I don't know what any of that stuff is either but without doubt the trains don't need any of that crap working to run on time without killing anyone.

I know what all of that stuff does and i can assure you in my expert opinion, its seriously fu*ked.

Amphibious trains would be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

NY subway system is so dirty the inundation maybe did it some service..

Certainly cleaned out a few million rats.

As to this 'drop of rain' and 'Irish Summer' crap; here is what Sandy would look like over Europe. Lashing Dublin with the eye of the storm over Paris!
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/63781000/jpg/_63781518_hurricane_sandy_compare976.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

MadsL wrote: »

Certainly cleaned out a few million rats.

As to this 'drop of rain' and 'Irish Summer' crap; here is what Sandy would look like over Europe. Lashing Dublin with the eye of the storm over Paris!
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/63781000/jpg/_63781518_hurricane_sandy_compare976.jpg

Grand drying out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I was in New York from the Sunday to the Friday and it was a weather that I've never experienced here in Ireland. I don't feel that the Americans exaggerated at all. Manhattan was in big trouble afterwards and I really felt that I was in a disaster zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I bet the people still living in the sh1t in New Orleans are watching New York's speedy repair progress with interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I bet the people still living in the sh1t in New Orleans are watching New York's speedy repair progress with interest.
    It's a good chance to test out the builders anyway. If they can make it there, they can make it anywhere. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

The damaged relay is actually a transformer. We're through th elooking glass here people

Advertisement