Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hook's Saturday Sit-In [Newstalk, Saturdays @ 10AM]

Options
  • 10-11-2012 12:41pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been wondering about this show recently...

Basically, I think the format is pretty decent. Not ground-breaking radio by any stretch of the imagination, but something not too taxing to listen to while having a lie-in or whatever.

Even the fact that Hook, someone who I don't have that much time for as a radio host, presents it doesn't bother me, because it's generally just random discussions about music and movies and the like.

But I just can't help but feel that Newstalk are missing a trick with this show.

Anyone else think it'd be cool if they made it a true sit-in type show, whereby each week a different NT presenter would host it? You could have Tom Dunne, Moncrief, Fionn Davenport, Henry McKean, and all the others doing it.

It would keep the show fresh for longer IMO, because eventually Hook and Tom Dunne are going to run out of years to look back on, but another presenter would have different views to George.

Bit of a random idea I guess. :o

But what do the rest of ye think of the Sit-In? A show with untapped potential, or something that should be gotten rid of ASAP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nearly prefer this show to his midweek one. As you said, it's not too taxing and light hearted enough. I often think that George is only willing to discuss music and film genres he is into, and wouldn't really know or entertain other genres..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Tom Dunne is very good on it, I enjoy the obvious generational gap between himself and George when discussing a particular year. Two very different viewpoints, tom's usually a smallie and George is suffering in some failed business of his.

Thing is they've run out of years now, Im pretty sure they've done 1977 at least twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

But shure there seems to be a different presenter on it most weeks now anyway, ie, Fionn Davenport, Bill Hughes,Brian Kennedy.

I dont know why there is no text line on the show, possibly because its not live?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jimmyw wrote: »
    But shure there seems to be a different presenter on it most weeks now anyway, ie, Fionn Davenport, Bill Hughes,Brian Kennedy.

I dont know why there is no text line on the show, possibly because its not live?

It's a prerecord show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I dont know where George finds any free time to record it, as he seems to be doing alot of things:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement