Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK freephone numbers - Free on Skype

Options
  • 10-11-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Just realised there that you can use Skype without any credit to ring UK free phone numbers. Maybe everybody knows this already but it was very handy for me setting up a bank account up north as they had no alternative to the free phone number listed.

Might come in useful to somebody at some stage!

Dial 0044800.......

Comments

Is it possible to dial 1890 numbers from Skype? I need to call Eircom broadband support and I'm fairly sure they cost a fortune when calling from a mobile. I have the Skype app on my Nexus so thought it might be cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

OP sure you went trying to activate windows :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Is it possible to dial 1890 numbers from Skype? I need to call Eircom broadband support and I'm fairly sure they cost a fortune when calling from a mobile. I have the Skype app on my Nexus so thought it might be cheaper?

Possibly you'd have to try to find out I suppose! You prob need to be the standard cost of a 1890 call.

Alternatively you could try this site http://www.saynoto1890.com

It lists alternative numbers for 1890 ones, handy when you have unlimited landline calls and don't want to pay for the 1890 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Nice one OP that is actually a very handy find. I have had to ring several UK support lines recently that had free phone numbers and I spent ages looking for alternative numbers I could ring from Ireland and then spent a fortune ringing them. Thanks for sharing. :)

Advertisement