Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernian health still training pharmacists!!

Options
  • 10-11-2012 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Can anyone explain to me why Hibernian health, the company that trained pharmacist incorrectly last year resulting in the incorrect dosages being administered are being used again this year?
    The training was supposed to be good for two years but because of their mistake we have to retrain this year at full price (€380)!!
    Why is failure always rewarded in this country?
    These guys are actually profiting from making a major cock up that completely undermined pharmacists last year yet they are given the contract again at a more regular time interval!
    The mind boggles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

kdowling wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why Hibernian health, the company that trained pharmacist incorrectly last year resulting in the incorrect dosages being administered are being used again this year?
    The training was supposed to be good for two years but because of their mistake we have to retrain this year at full price (€380)!!
    Why is failure always rewarded in this country?
    These guys are actually profiting from making a major cock up that completely undermined pharmacists last year yet they are given the contract again at a more regular time interval!
    The mind boggles.

I'm afraid you've got one of your facts wrong; the retraining is half price, not full price. It's only full price for those that haven't done it before.
    That said, it is absolutely disgraceful that this company was awarded the contract again.

HH have been training people to administer injections for years, as well as vaccinating loads of people every year (for example, when an employer gets them in to vaccinate their staff). In all that time, nobody noticed that they (or at least, some of their trainers - or perhaps even only one, I don't know) that they were administering/training people to administer only half a dose. Within a couple of weeks of them "training" pharmacists to vaccinate, it was a pharmacist who said "Hang on a minute, that's wrong!" (All those years of looking for and catching the mistakes of others are paying off!) Yet, as you say, it completely undermined pharmacists, as it was pharmacists who got all the bad press over it.

Advertisement