Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster wtf!!

Options
  • 10-11-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

So you see a ticket priced up with service charge included and according to them this is where they make their "profit" yet on check out they have an "order processing charge" of nearly 10%, Jesus its like being raped twice (literally;)) how the hell are they allowed charge twice for the same service or once again is this an " Irish thing " so just take it !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

jaysis big tom and the wailers are really expensive these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

cookie75 wrote: »
    So you see a ticket priced up with service charge included and according to them this is where they make their "profit" yet on check out they have an "order processing charge" of nearly 10%, Jesus its like being raped twice (literally;)) how the hell are they allowed charge twice for the same service or once again is this an " Irish thing " so just take it !
    They can charge you three times if they like. You allow them, by buying the tickets. Don't buy them, you don't "allow" them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I booked recently a NFL game(thats American football to newbies) on ticketmaster.com (not .ie, its American based) so to my surprise needed a new account to register. There were no hidden fees, extra charges and all that lark. You paid what was displayed on the ticket price.

What does that tell you? Yes, Irish ticketmaster prices are gouging you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

These are apparently better than Ticketmaster, http://www.tickets.ie/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I normally hang around outside whichever venue my chosen event is taking place at and mug someone for my tickets.

That way, I avoid all those excessive charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

These are apparently better than Ticketmaster, http://www.tickets.ie/

Yeah much better, the GAA use them amongst others. Great service and no rip-off charges. Don't know whyy more event providers don't use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I normally hang around outside whichever venue my chosen event is taking place at and mug someone for my tickets.

That way, I avoid all those excessive charges.
    A sound plan. Everyone should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They're not charging twice. They're charging you once for their service, and at the same time passing the cost of dealing with the promoter on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Jesus its like being raped twice (literally;))

Yes, paying a little bit extra to see an event exactly like being sexually assaulted.

edit: Twice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I once edited a post twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stroll

Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Me to ...then I deleted it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Unless someone from ticketmaster calls around to your house, twice, and forces you to have sex with them in exchange for the tickets, then it's not "like being raped twice, LITERALLY".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's more like being charged extra money. Twice.

But what would I know, I'm just a plain ole country hyperchicken.

Advertisement