Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Duathlons

Options
  • 10-11-2012 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Are there any really tough Duathlons in Ireland, climbing wise on the cycle ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

I can't help you with this, but I was in the Slieve Blooms lately and thought to myself "wouldn't this be some place for a duathlon, a tough trail run either end and then over The Cut and The Wolftrap for the bike".

That would sort the men from the boys.

I think this would make a real tough duathlon which is actually an accomplishment just to complete. Most of the ones I've looked at would have been tough to win but not such an accomplishment just to finish.

Any volunteers to organise this? I'll enter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

All courses should seem tough, otherwise you're not pushing hard enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

pointer28 wrote: »
    I can't help you with this, but I was in the Slieve Blooms lately and thought to myself "wouldn't this be some place for a duathlon, a tough trail run either end and then over The Cut and The Wolftrap for the bike".

That would sort the men from the boys.

I think this would make a real tough duathlon which is actually an accomplishment just to complete. Most of the ones I've looked at would have been tough to win but not such an accomplishment just to finish.

Any volunteers to organise this? I'll enter. :D

That's actually where I'm thinking of, it's very much in the planning stage but I should have some more info on it in the coming weeks when I meet with the club committee

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Are there any really tough Duathlons in Ireland, climbing wise on the cycle ?

Humpty Dumpty duathlon goes over Molls Gap. Not particularly tough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Great minds think alike Elvis !

I actually have a very good contact down there who's involved in the tourist industry so drop me a PM if you want some help with this. It might even be an ideal base for the race.

EC1000, I'm as fast as a slow thing that was already slow and then lost a leg so I'm more into endurance than speed. At least that's my excuse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement