Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Clonsilla a decent area?

Options
  • 09-11-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi
    Me and my wife are moving to a larger detached house in clonsilla to have more space as our first baby is due in February. The house seems in a quiet area with only a few houses around it and is not in an estate

It also seems secure in that there is large walls around it, large high lockable gates etc.

We were hoping someone could give us an idea if the region is safe enough bearing in mind no where in Dublin is absolutely safe, but comparing to the likes of swords or blanchardstown or castleknock.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yes, clonsilla is a good area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Dublin 15

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you can give more details regarding location it will help people provide you with more detailed information. However I will say that I've never felt unsafe in the area since I moved here 8 years ago, and by the sounds of it your house is a bit more upmarket than mine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedRobert

Zaph wrote: »
    If you can give more details regarding location it will help people provide you with more detailed information. However I will say that I've never felt unsafe in the area since I moved here 8 years ago, and by the sounds of it your house is a bit more upmarket than mine. :)

Thanks

The house is just off the roundabout at ongar distributor road heading south on clonsilla road. Near Windermere and allendale square.

Quite private. Seems to be open land around it.

Just a bit nervous in moving as dont know the area that well.

Thanks all for responses. Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Yes Clonsilla is very safe

The following estates have good reputations
    Portersgate
    Charnwood
    Limelawn
    Mount Symon
    St. Mochtas
    Lambourne
    Sorrel

I'm sure I'm missing lots of other good estates.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, Clonsilla is a safe area and a good location to raise a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think I know the house you're talking about!! Always admired it.

I've lived in this area for over 7 years now and never any bother. I walk by your house everyday on the way down to Clonsilla train station for work and never encountered anything you might call dodgy or suspect. The new development by the Daughters of Charity hospital going up next to you has removed the element of remoteness from that particular area also which I think would enhance the general security of the area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

THink I know the house s well! Nice area, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedRobert

Thanks everyone. That's all really helpful. Moved in this weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

I know the house too I think :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I live in the area... its grand...I have a feeling I know the house....
    Put in this way my girlfriend feels safe walking to/from the train station at night, and we live very close to that house

Advertisement