Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stag party in carrick on shannon

Options
  • 09-11-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

hello heading to carrick on shannon on a stag next wk...anyone know any good clubs or pubs? whats it like down there ? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It's brilliant. Great craic. I love the atmosphere and the Coffee shops. Red light district is well worth a look for the spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

I organised the stag in carraig.

It was savage . It's a wild partying town

Can't rem the pubs names but that's irrelevant you'll find your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

grand job..is it a big town?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

grand job..is it a big town?
    I believe it's just slightly smaller than Tokyo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hello heading to carrick on shannon on a stag next wk...anyone know any good clubs or pubs? whats it like down there ? cheers

Seriously?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Is it a gay wedding....you will love the stag party then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Great town for the smelly finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Great Spot

This is a great pub too - http://goo.gl/maps/uxe5s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Why not try picturesque Kilmuckridge in the 'off-season'.
    Every summer people from Dublin come down here to run amok, nobody seems too bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

So, ehr, where exactly is this place Carrick upon the Shannon? Sounds sophisticated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

great place,you'll be wading through snail trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Lot of decent pubs around, Dunnes on the corner of Bridge St and Main St) and Murtagh's (far end of Main St) are the two late bars.
    Dunnes has a massive beer garden out the back.
    Murtagh's has two nightclubs, one in the basement that's usually a crowd younger, with an older crowd upstairs. They're both free in though you might want to get in by 12 or so to avoid a massive queue.
    There's a nightclub outside town that changes its name every few years, there's usually buses running from town, but there can be a massive queue when you get there, and can be a bit of a pain to get back from. Not sure how much it is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

360 is popular for all the hens and stags also murtaghs. If you're looking for something different to do during the day look up zipit in lough key forest park or lough gara country pursuits for shooting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

MOH wrote: »
    There's a nightclub outside town that changes its name every few years, there's usually buses running from town, but there can be a massive queue when you get there, and can be a bit of a pain to get back from. Not sure how much it is in.

I think that's closed down. We were told it was in June, and that the owner now owns THIS

although, i think THIS is the one you're talking about? It looks open.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

was there 3 weeks ago twas a disaster the venue bar was the only one that was any good dunnes not great murtaghs disco was ok only i'd give the place 3 out 10 compared to tralee or kilkenny or westport btw there was no women tere that nite also
    but anyway enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Pottler wrote: »
    So, ehr, where exactly is this place Carrick upon the Shannon? Sounds sophisticated.

Capital city of Leitrim. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Capital city of Leitrim. :pac:
    Jasus, that kip Carrick? Went there on a stag last year, highlight of the night was getting back to the BnB. I though he meant some other place. I do seem to remember some very fit looking women though - they were all Hens out from Dublin though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I believe Mohill might be a more tranquil alternative to 'Carrick', same time zone but much quieter, a bit like the difference between The Hamptons and Times Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Allyall wrote: »
    I think that's closed down. We were told it was in June, and that the owner now owns THIS

although, i think THIS is the one you're talking about? It looks open.. :confused:

Cartown is only open for underage discos now as no one went out to it when Papillion opened (now KISS) as cartown charged €10 in and papillion was free so they reopened the swinging donkey (in town) now know as 360. Both Cartown and 360 are owned by the same people. But both nightclubs (360 and kiss) did a deal with each other to start charging in to stop people leaving the clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Allyall wrote: »

Cartown was the one I was talking about. I think it's closed again alright. They keep shutting it down and opening the one in the Landmark hotel and then swapping them around, it's hard to keep track of!

I'd forgotten about 360 in the Landmark, was only there once just after in opened, place was mobbed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

G'wan the laytrim

Advertisement