Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 install problems

Options
  • 09-11-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Decided to bite the bullet last night and install Windows 8 to see what it's like. Got a separate HDD ready to dual boot with win 7. The install seemed to go fine until it rebooted at the end. All I get is a black screen and no boot option. Is there any way I can get back into my Windows 7 install. I've tried changing the HDD boot priority in the bios but all I still get is a black screen. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Decided to bite the bullet last night and install Windows 8 to see what it's like. Got a separate HDD ready to dual boot with win 7. The install seemed to go fine until it rebooted at the end. All I get is a black screen and no boot option. Is there any way I can get back into my Windows 7 install. I've tried changing the HDD boot priority in the bios but all I still get is a black screen. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Disconnect the Win8 hard drive, and boot from your Win7 DVD and use Startup Repair to sort out your Win7 bootloader.

Advertisement