Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFM Radio - selective requests

Options
  • 09-11-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there, I'm new here at the suggestion of a friend on FB. My 12 year old daughter has been selected to audition for Britain's Got Talent on the 25th, so we're off to London, and I was trying to encourage her and wish her good luck when I posted a request to the FB page of my local radio station - KFM.

So I commented on their page asking them to wish her good luck, and put a link to her youtube video so other people in the area could have a listen and wish her good luck too.

I went back about ten minutes later and they'd deleted it. :(

Now I wasn't asking them to air it on the radio, for God's sake, just wish her good luck and give other people a chance to have a listen too. I was under the impression that radio stations were in the business of promoting and playing music as well as taking requests, well wishes, etc. Obviously I was wrong.

Am I over-reacting by being angry about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

xMandyDx wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm new here at the suggestion of a friend on FB. My daughter has been selected to audition for Britain's Got Talent on the 25th, so we're off to London, and I was trying to encourage her and wish her good luck when I posted a request to the FB page of my local radio station - KFM.

So I commented on their page asking them to wish her good luck, and put a link to her youtube video so other people in the area could have a listen and wish her good luck too.

I went back about ten minutes later and they'd deleted it. :(

Now I wasn't asking them to air it on the radio, for God's sake, just wish her good luck and give other people a chance to have a listen too. I was under the impression that radio stations were in the business of promoting and playing music as well as taking requests, well wishes, etc. Obviously I was wrong.

Am I over-reacting by being angry about this?

A radio station's facebook page is essentially a marketing tool for that station, certainly they want you to interact with them but on their terms, meaning they are perfectly entitled to edit what is on their facebook timeline. One of the main reasons for this would be to prevent every Tom, Dick or Harry posting whatever they want on there, some of which may be inappropriate. Might i suggest you contact the radio station directly it could be a story they might want to run with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xMandyDx

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I just imagined that if they didn't want things like that on the page, they would say so in the information section. Or send me a pm/comment that it's not allowed. Even ask me to re-submit the post, omitting the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xMandyDx

Well, after a lengthy discussion on FB, in a status that had tagged KFM concerning the deletion of my request... it's mysteriously reappeared.

Advertisement