Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apologies

Options
  • 09-11-2012 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I've felt for a long time that dismissing an apology is so rude and selfish. An apology in my opinion is acknowledging you did wrong and is a way forward, to move onwards and put whatever wrongdoing that has occured in the past, where it belongs. But what happens when you feel an apology is insincere?

I received an email recently from someone, I suppose, trying to apologise but it was also forced in that I was a b1tch and but it was a load of fcuking sh1te IMO. Insincere fcuking sh1te which should be backed up with action, in which I asked him to do but alas nothing.

What do I do? Do I accept what I think is a half assed apology and empty words? Or take it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I've felt for a long time that dismissing an apology is so rude and selfish. An apology in my opinion is acknowledging you did wrong and is a way forward, to move onwards and put whatever wrongdoing that has occured in the past, where it belongs. But what happens when you feel an apology is insincere?

I received an email recently from someone, I suppose, trying to apologise but it was also forced in that I was a b1tch and but it was a load of fcuking sh1te IMO. Insincere fcuking sh1te which should be backed up with action, in which I asked him to do but alas nothing.

What do I do? Do I accept what I think is a half assed apology and empty words? Or take it.

Accept it and just put the episode behind you and try not to involve yourself with the person I suppose.

If its possible that is. I find it no point in worrying about a situation if it is beyond repair and just put it down as a learning experience.

Oh and what 1ZRed said, apology by email is a cheap and easy way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

An apology by email means fvck all. If they meant it, they'd do it in person.

Half assed apology but just accept it and move on, even if you have no time for them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Thinly veiled something or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ilovesleep wrote: »
    What do I do?

Pee on his toothbrush!

smash wrote: »
    Pee on his toothbrush!

Or sh** in his shoe.

• Advertisement

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Or sh** in his shoe.
    Or kill one of his pets.

too far?

too far?

I suspect so, but only the OP really knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Pee on his toothbrush!
    Or kill one of his pets.

too far?
    Not getting on the wrong side of you in terms of apologies

cunt :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

An E-pology. Could catch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

juan.kerr wrote: »

Or sh** in his shoe.

Or kill one of his pets.

too far?

28899833.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You don't have to accept the apology to move on. You can always right them off as a human being. Some people I just don't have time for. It's not that fair but you can't please everyone and you shouldn't try.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ladies lounge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Op, from reading some of your other posts it's obvious you're very bitter towards this guy.

You have 2 choices:

1. Continue to let it bother you and let it eat away at your self-esteem.

2. Accept what happened, ignore him and get on with your life.

I don't mean this to sound harsh, but ask yourself, is he actually worth it?

I think the op should sleep with him one more time just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I think the op should sleep with him one more time just to be sure.
    Raw, angry sex - and then move on.

Advertisement