Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PULSE Question

Options
  • 09-11-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi

From what I know, the Garda PULSE system was established in 1999. My question is- were convictions which were handed down in say the 80s transferred onto PULSE when it was set up? Or are they not on it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nobody here can comment for certain.

Not everything would have been put on PULSE at the start - too big a job. New cases and re-offenders would have been the priority for files to be put on it.

However, I imagine PULSE is linked to the paper file that would have existed since the 1980s.

Details might not be readily accessible, but are available from storage. If the person has been involved in anything since PULSe was put in place much or all of the file will likely bel on PULSE.

The Data Protection Act doesn't apply fully to the Garda, so even a request for your fiel won't throw up everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Data Protection does certainly apply to AGS, any person can make a Data access request to the Central Vetting Unit in Thurles. There is a form that has to be filled out available of their website. There are very defined and limited circumstances where a copy of their data will not be disclosed, vast majority or applications those will not apply.

To get a definite answer make a S4 request to them.

There is no government or State body that Data protection/FOI doesn't apply to.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

McCrack wrote: »
    Data Protection does certainly apply to AGS, any person can make a Data access request to the Central Vetting Unit in Thurles. There is a form that has to be filled out available of their website. There are very defined and limited circumstances where a copy of their data will not be disclosed, vast majority or applications those will not apply.

To get a definite answer make a S4 request to them.

There is no government or State body that Data protection/FOI doesn't apply to.

"The Data Protection Act doesn't apply fully to the Garda" is what I said - there is no obligation on them to give you, for example, information relating to current investigations.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Yes: AGS have DP Act statutory preclusions.

Advertisement