Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French experience for child in Paris

Options
  • 09-11-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on taking my daughter (almost 7) to Paris early next year for a few days. She has been studying French for the past 2 years and it will be her first visit to France.

I would like her to spend a day with French children on her own to really experience the language. Is anyone aware of activities/day camp offered by museums or the like in Paris that she could attend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Amik wrote: »
    I'm planning on taking my daughter (almost 7) to Paris early next year for a few days. She has been studying French for the past 2 years and it will be her first visit to France.

I would like her to spend a day with French children on her own to really experience the language. Is anyone aware of activities/day camp offered by museums or the like in Paris that she could attend?

Oh where to start..... I could write a book....
    Just moved back from 10 years in Paris....!

REgarding camps, these only take place in school holidays and the french holidays are not the same as the irish ones. Look up education nationale calendrier and you'll get them for the next 3 years.... Paris is zone C...

I worked there as a teacher so could ask maybe if she attended the bilingual school I worked out before.... can't promise you anything....

Most activities wont let you join in for one day only....

If its at the weekend sometimes the Cite des Sciences run workshops but her level of french would have to be very good.

Maybe if you give me an idea of her interests I can send you back more info...and I'll email some teacher friends in Paris and see if can't wangle an afternoon in a school somewhere....

Advertisement