Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sad story.

Options
  • 09-11-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Mods please move to another forum if you think its more suited.

A bit of a sad story but worth a mention:

Edina Votoro was a Hungarian native who was 34 year old when she had a tragic accident on Newport quay Co.Mayo, her car went over the peer. Edina lived and worked in Newport for the past 6 years. From being taken from the water, Edina was on life support in Castlebar for over a week and passed away last Wednesday. To make matters more tragic the only member of her family who could afford to come was her mother who was at her bedside from the day she arrived. To make matters even more tragic, her family could not afford to bring her home to be buried so she was buried in Burrishoole Abbey Co. Mayo. Sadly there was no money to pay for her burial so to cover these costs and with the hope of putting up a simple headstone a fundraiser was held in Newport on Tuesday night and the response fantastic. Futher Fundraiser are been held around Mayo.

Desreves to be shared.. Also one would think that we are not that bad could the government not fund this are we really that bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

As sad as that may be, I don't see why the government should have to foot the bill of burying someone. If they do that then they'd have endless requests from everybody demanding money to bury people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I have an idea how about this persons government fund whatever is needed. I'm a bit tired of these sob stories tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

yawn. I hate charity cases

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Also one would think that we are not that bad could the government not fund this are we really that bad?

One would think the Hungarian government could repatriate the womens body, or are they really that bad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

in all fairness though lads, were all quick to dismiss charity cases, im sure if you were in the same situation you wouldnt want people giving out cos your asking for help.

I wouldn't want anyone to think I expected the govt to do it either

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ibebanging

Body should be donated to health sciences in return for the medical attention she received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

You came to the wrong forum for pity, AHers have no heart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

smash wrote: »

There but for the grace of God go I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

is this a one of them 'chain-threads' were if i dont reply it on i get a 100 years of bad luck? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Im sorry but hell no fundraise all you want, no goverment should not pay

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'm sure the good people of Mayo could raise enough.This is what local fundraisers are for surly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I have an idea how about this persons government fund whatever is needed. I'm a bit tired of these sob stories tbh.
    smash wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with the government funding it either but that doesn't warrant dismissal of it as a sob story or charity case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Madam_X wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with the government funding it either but that doesn't warrant dismissal of it as a sob story or charity case.
    Put it on fb or the Mayo forum or something... I mean there was already 1 fundraiser and now they're looking to do another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

'sawful sad, awful sad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Madam_X wrote: »

Maybe not but there is only so much charity you can give too, you have to draw the line somewhere, we had the case of the young woman in limerick recently and tbh I think the irish are known to be generous and it's used sometimes.
    This highlighting every sob story has to stop somewhere, other governments and countries should step up to support their own citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Edina Votoro was a Hungarian native who was 34 year old when she had a tragic accident on Newport quay Co.Mayo, her car went over the peer. ]

Was it suicide or accidental?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CJC999 wrote: »
    Was it suicide or accidental?

Does it really matter now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Maybe not but there is only so much charity you can give too, you have to draw the line somewhere, we had the case of the young woman in limerick recently and tbh I think the irish are known to be generous and it's used sometimes.
    This highlighting every sob story has to stop somewhere, other governments and countries should step up to support their own citizens.
    Not disputing that - just saying there's no necessity to be dismissive of how tragic the case is. Needlessly unpleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

How does ones car suddenly just 'go over a pier'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Mods please move to another forum if you think its more suited.

A bit of a sad story but worth a mention:

Edina Votoro was a Hungarian native who was 34 year old when she had a tragic accident on Newport quay Co.Mayo, her car went over the peer. Edina lived and worked in Newport for the past 6 years. From being taken from the water, Edina was on life support in Castlebar for over a week and passed away last Wednesday. To make matters more tragic the only member of her family who could afford to come was her mother who was at her bedside from the day she arrived. To make matters even more tragic, her family could not afford to bring her home to be buried so she was buried in Burrishoole Abbey Co. Mayo. Sadly there was no money to pay for her burial so to cover these costs and with the hope of putting up a simple headstone a fundraiser was held in Newport on Tuesday night and the response fantastic. Futher Fundraiser are been held around Mayo.

Desreves to be shared.. Also one would think that we are not that bad could the government not fund this are we really that bad?

Surely it's the Hungarian govenrment that should be funding 'this'?

Advertisement