Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently Working, Want to go back to college

Options
  • 09-11-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Wasn;t sure where to post this.

Ok so im 21, working since i dropped out of college when I was 18. Am not a permanent employee of who I am working for, I am here through an agency.

I realise I was too young the first time around in college and made some bad decisions.

I want to go back but have no idea of cost of college the second time around.

Can someone give me info on what the procedure. I am willing to give up my job for a fulltime college course, I am worried it wont be priced reasonably considering I already used my CAO chance when I was 18

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Wasn;t sure where to post this.

Ok so im 21, working since i dropped out of college when I was 18. Am not a permanent employee of who I am working for, I am here through an agency.

I realise I was too young the first time around in college and made some bad decisions.

I want to go back but have no idea of cost of college the second time around.

Can someone give me info on what the procedure. I am willing to give up my job for a fulltime college course, I am worried it wont be priced reasonably considering I already used my CAO chance when I was 18

Any help is appreciated

Depends on what you want to study and where so costs will vary. Most Uni's will have a breakdown of fees etc. If you go back now you are probably going to have to pay the full fees. Also is dependant on if you got a grant or not.
    Price example : UCD Arts is nearly €6000 per year, so you'd have to be able to pay that and living expenses etc.

There is a 5 year rule which you should look up, which is applied when you have been out of education for 5 years + though there are some T&C's - so you may want to wait to get this into effect.

Look up Back to Education Allowance too, incase the job market doesn't pan out.

Advertisement