Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philip Schofield This Morning David Cameron Pedo List

Options
  • 09-11-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Yes, go to the police if you have any information about pedo's. Not that the police helped any of the hundreds of Savilles victims over six decades. But they'll help now ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Paedogeddon!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote: »
    Paedogeddon!

Yes, that is Gary Lineker (amongst others) talking nonsense

Chris Morris must be thinking about a satirical drama based around this farrago, he'll have to wait a while before he can make though I suspect!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭BensonSlide

There's one paedo going round at the moment disguised as a school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Yes, go to the police if you have any information about pedo's. Not that the police helped any of the hundreds of Savilles victims over six decades. But they'll help now ;)

What exactly did you expect Cameron to do with a list compiled by Internet Conspiracy theory lunatics? Was he supposed to say 'Thank you Phillip, I will send the army out to immediately round up these cretins?'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He has not been the same since Gordon left him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

He was so rude to Holly seriously. I don't think thy should have produced a list of names to him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Skid wrote: »
    What exactly did you expect Cameron to do with a list compiled by Internet Conspiracy theory lunatics? Was he supposed to say 'Thank you Phillip, I will send the army out to immediately round up these cretins?'

I would expect him to say exactly what he said. I just don't think that it will convince many victims to take that leap of faith..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Skid wrote: »

Thats a bit unfair. A lot of the blogs reporting the names, and there were a lot, have by and large been working off the Scallywag reports that were done on the 90s on the issue Scallywag was much like Private Eye. These reports were around the time of the enquiries, I think just after Jillings report, which was stiffled/ not published.

What I find odd, is that the man in quesiton who has been the subject of much rumour on the internet, being an adviser to Thatcher, and who threatened to sue if he was named, did not do anything around the time of the orginal reports. Nor did he go to correct the uncertainty which has stemmed from the Waterhosue Inquiry. A lot of these rumours have been allowed to flourish for the amount of uncertainty and hush hush that followed thereafter that inquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

would it really surprise anyone if some people who held high positions in government in Britain, were found to be guilty of abuse, after what happened in this country with the church?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

was jimmy saville on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Cabaal wrote: »

Yes, that is Gary Lineker (amongst others) talking nonsense

Nonce Sense!

Brass Eye were so far ahead of their time.

Baltimora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I don't like Cameron but this isn't a situation of his making and handing him a list of names formulated off of blogs and Twitter is a pretty stupid thing to do. Does either presenter have any journalistic credentials? Because that was a really dumb move to make. You wouldn't do that with a policeman let alone the PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Wouldn't be much of a fan of Cameron's party or politics to be honest but I thought he handled this very well. A moment of cringe-worthy amateurish journalism that could have become very embarrassing for all involved was played down and brought under control by Cameron's cool head. Hats off to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Based in this fck up, Schofield would appear to be a complete moron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Rumors have gone around about Saville for about 60 years. If there is a ring of pedo's, which leads back the "Downing Street", the odd's are that rumors have being going around Downing street for the duration too.
    Cameron and many other politicians have probably been aware of this (like everyone @BBC and everyone that came up through BBC), too.
    They could all be in the hot seat, covering their own asses.
    I didn't think he handled it that well.. "go to the police" ? As if victims haven't considered that option all their lives. The same corrupt system is still in place. They are probably no better off going to the police now than they were during Saville's era. It will still be covered up as best as possible.

Schofield was right !

the first of many I expect!

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonbiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Rumors have gone around about Saville for about 60 years. If there is a ring of pedo's, which leads back the "Downing Street", the odd's are that rumors have being going around Downing street for the duration too.
    Cameron and many other politicians have probably been aware of this (like everyone @BBC and everyone that came up through BBC), too.
    They could all be in the hot seat, covering their own asses.
    I didn't think he handled it that well.. "go to the police" ? As if victims haven't considered that option all their lives. The same corrupt system is still in place. They are probably no better off going to the police now than they were during Saville's era. It will still be covered up as best as possible.

Schofield was right !

He didnt say victims should go to the police he said if you know anything at all about abuse you should go to the police.

Unfortunately nowadays if people know things they either tweet about it, blog about it or ring Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I spray the children with Pedo Repellent™ before they leave for school.

99% of Mums who tested Pedo Repellent Spray™ were 'quite pleased' with the results.

Pedo Repellent™. Only €99.99 at all good Chemists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

What he did was wrong. The word of the internet has no legitimacy, internet hackers have no legitimacy, any information that is handed to police or politicians in that way from that source could be used to get these people off a charge. Seriously, the whole way that was carried out, does he want the internet to become a new village politics, where a mere rumor can invoke mob mentality that can bypass evidence and due process?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Shryke wrote: »
    Does either presenter have any journalistic credentials?
    If presenting a children's TV show from a fictional broom cupboard alongside a puppet gopher, appearing in an S Club 7 spin-off and modelling underwear count as journalistic, then yes, they have bags of credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I'm no fan of David Cameron but everything he has said was absolutely spot-on. I've seen some of those conspiracy sites listing individuals and a common feature is that many of them lump any sort of perceived sexual deviancy together, so homosexuality gets thrown in with paedophilia.

Advertisement