Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg fines eircom €525k!

Options
  • 09-11-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

From Silicon Republic
    Ireland’s incumbent telecoms operator Eircom has been fined €525,000 for failing to meet customer service targets as set down by ComReg in its Universal Service Obligation (USO) agreement with the regulator.

I obviously missed where ComReg finally got the powers they were supposedly missing to fine eircom anything of significance.

I wonder will this fine be reduced to nothing, on appeal, or some deal struck out of court? Where will the half a million go?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

A source also expressed concern at the likely impact the 2,000 job cuts will have in terms of Eircom’s ability to ensure it meets its USO obligations in the future.
    This is probably what it's really about!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

cgarvey wrote: »
    From Silicon Republic

I obviously missed where ComReg finally got the powers they were supposedly missing to fine eircom anything of significance.

I wonder will this fine be reduced to nothing, on appeal, or some deal struck out of court? Where will the half a million go?

10 Million performance bond, linked to PIP. Unlikely to be challenged. Agreed undertaking from two years ago. I could be wrong of course - suspect not though.

Advertisement