Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favour Exchange

Options
  • 09-11-2012 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have on Set up in Limerick? Think it could work here with so many out of work but I wonder how you'd filter out the piss takers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Explain? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Must....resist....sexual favour comment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There are similar set ups in both Killarney and Cork. Think there are a few on the East coast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have on Set up in Limerick? Think it could work here with so many out of work but I wonder how you'd filter out the piss takers!

They generally work similar to a loan from a bank except you owe time rather than money. The person you get the favour from is not necessarily the one that gets a favour back from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Sounds really good - something like this one maybe.

For a suburban environment, maybe if it was divided into housing estates / small areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Sounds really good - something like this one maybe.

For a suburban environment, maybe if it was divided into housing estates / small areas?

I've just been looking at the Clonakilty one and it seems to be very well organised. As I skimmed the list, I realised that I have quite a few skills that I could share too - was very surprised!

I think it would be great if something like that could be organised, but I would agree with Doodlebug that it would probably work best in a small area, e.g. as I'm in Cappamore a scheme that worked around East Limerick (Murroe, Newport, Doon, Pallasgreen, Oola) would be perfect :)

Advertisement