Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint Dryer Timer

Options
  • 08-11-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I wonder would anyone be able to help me.I have a Hotpoint 9317 Tumble Dryer and it cut out recently with a buzzing sound like a stuck motor.I turned it off and put in on again when it was cold.It worked but the drum was not spinning so checked it and belt was broken I replaced the belt and it worked for a while but when the drum tried to go in to reverse it stuck again and the motor got hot.While further checking it a wire came loose from timer and im not too sure where it was connected It is a wire going from timer to capacitor.I put it back to where it came from but still the same story.Also the wire connecting the timer to the door switch came loose and I put it back in the wrong position by mistake and the machine worked perfectly but I can only turn it off by opening the door.I suspect the timer is faulty.I wonder would anyone have a wiring diagram of this timer or tell me the correct terminals.

Advertisement