Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AH children's referendum.......

Options
  • 08-11-2012 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

How many people believe that Frances Fitzgerald TD is up all night worrying about kids getting robbed from state care and ending up dead or probably being used as God knows what in the sex trade?
    John O’Mahoney, Garda assistant commissioner, said recently that 114 children who have been reported missing in the past five years are still missing. A staggering 106 of those 114 children were reported missing while in care of the State.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Over-100-children-in-Ireland-vanished-from-State-care-144871055.html#ixzz2Ber1OpVc

Does she lose sleep over this? 23 votes

She cares alot
    0% 0 votes
    She seems to care
    8% 2 votes
    Who is she?
    4% 1 vote
    Yes for Atari Jaguar's kittens
    86% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Pure and utter scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

You're as bad as the government! No room on your ballot paper for a No vote. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

You're as bad as the government! No room on your ballot paper for a No vote. :mad:

I lol'ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

How curious, that the way to stick it to the man would be a NO as it transpires or has he already dictated the outcome... childrens referendum indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

People need to vote NO on this as it has been tainted by the biased information given by the Govt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Vote NO. Imagine an Ireland without children.....future generations will thank us.

The children will have a referendum to vote us off the island :( unanimous 101% yes vote, all if em, in adidas stripes too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The referendum will be passed by a large majority. Any subsequent legal challenge to the outcome will fail, same as the Hanafin case after the divorce referendum.

I intend to vote no but am strongly considering changing my position just because of the amount of downright lies being told by proponents of a no vote. They are not doing themselves any favours.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    The referendum will be passed by a large majority. Any subsequent legal challenge to the outcome will fail, same as the Hanafin case after the divorce referendum.

I intend to vote no but am strongly considering changing my position just because of the amount of downright lies being told by proponents of a no vote. They are not doing themselves any favours.

In fairness the Yes side(ie government) aren't doing themselves any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭yer man!

Big Bottom wrote: »
    People need to vote NO on this as it has been tainted by the biased information given by the Govt.

Read the proposed changes and make up your own decision, that's how I made mine up, and it'll be a yes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Wont somebody please think of the children

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

What im concerned about is currently married people seemingly cant put their kid up for adoption.

the new law would change that and make it easier for kids to be removed from junkies and abusive degenerate alcoholics.

only a fcukwit would vote no.

if someone bothers to vote no simply for the reason of sticking it to the government you really need a job/hobby/new personality/kick in the ass/an education

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Dana is telling us to vote no, that is a good enough reason for me to vote yes.

I'm reading of how parents are reporting their kids practically turning parent on them; including the physical discipline and then this referendum arrives?

is it right to give kevin the teenager so much freedoms, can only imagine the threats he may issue then that horrible self satisfied grin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So how are you voting for in the referendum?

I'm going to go with the red head girl from Labour. She just looks like she can handle it. That kid from Fine Gael is too young, he'll go to pieces under pressure, and the policies in his pamphlet are a joke! It's like he can't even write properly let alone manage the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

What im concerned about is currently married people seemingly cant put their kid up for adoption.

the new law would change that and make it easier for kids to be removed from junkies and abusive degenerate alcoholics.

only a fcukwit would vote no.

if someone bothers to vote no simply for the reason of sticking it to the government you really need a job/hobby/new personality/kick in the ass/an education

All that stuff is answered in the ''serious'' thread. Former Supreme Court Judge says that this constitutional amendment hasn't been tested so we don't know whether or not it needs constitutional change.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81651617&postcount=350

squod wrote: »
    All that stuff is answered in the ''serious'' thread. Former Supreme Court Judge says that this constitutional amendment hasn't been tested so we

Please just stick to the one thread OP.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement