Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI bank details given

Options
  • 08-11-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,
    I am watching the number of threads and posts recently on the amount of people still awaiting student grant payments from SUSI. Just to get an idea really , how many people have put in their bank account details and still recieved no reply from SUSI?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My friend's son's details went in October 31st. No sign of the money yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 anastasia2

Thanks Spurious,
    Mine went in October 16th and no reply yet despite calls and emails to them.:( Was just wondering how many people were at the same stage and still waiting. Its ridiculous really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some money went into the account today, about a eighth of the amount he has been awarded but not enough (by a long way) to pay the student registration fee. I hope they will take that in instalments.

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

spurious wrote: »
    Some money went into the account today, about a eighth of the amount he has been awarded but not enough (by a long way) to pay the student registration fee. I hope they will take that in instalments.

The grant covers the fees no? Or is that only for the full grant?

Yep, thankfully got first payment friday as well. Grant is paid in 9 installments for maintenance if you are awarded it. Fees are paid straight to the college by SUSI. The money in your account is for living expenses books etc. It may help to send the fees office a copy of the award letter from SUSI so they can contact SUSI re the fees. SUSI would have sent that letter out when they contacted you for bank details.

• Advertisement

EEm wrote: »
    The grant covers the fees no? Or is that only for the full grant?

Fees are paid directly to the college if you were awarded fees only. Advisable to show fees office a copy of the award letter from SUSI if you are still waiting.
    If you were awarded maintenance as well you should be getting 9 monthly payments to your bank account. You will know by the letter sent out if you were awarded full fees and maintenance, fees only or partial fees etc( not sure what the categories are exactly) depending on your income.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you are receiving maintenance then the student contribution fee will be paid as well separately

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaCooliest Momma

My daughter sent in bank details on 31st October, got e-mail on 9th November that a payment had been made into the account, when we checked the account found it was just 1 payment and nothing backdated. I called SUSI about why the payment had not been backdated as I had bee told on many previous occasions only to be told that due to the backlog that payments will not be backdated and that they (SUSI) have decided to change the academic year from Sept to May to October to June. At this point I demanded to speak to a supervisor who went on to tell me that basically payments will be paid in 9 monthly installments from the date the the first payment is transferred into the bank account and nothing will be backdated. He seemd to think that it was ok since she will still get the amount in the award letter and didnt seem interested in my point that they have yet again changed the "Rules" and that I have borrowed money to cover Sept & Oct on the premise that the grant money would be backdated as SUSI themselves kept telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

My daughter sent in bank details on 31st October, got e-mail on 9th November that a payment had been made into the account, when we checked the account found it was just 1 payment and nothing backdated. I called SUSI about why the payment had not been backdated as I had bee told on many previous occasions only to be told that due to the backlog that payments will not be backdated and that they (SUSI) have decided to change the academic year from Sept to May to October to June. At this point I demanded to speak to a supervisor who went on to tell me that basically payments will be paid in 9 monthly installments from the date the the first payment is transferred into the bank account and nothing will be backdated. He seemd to think that it was ok since she will still get the amount in the award letter and didnt seem interested in my point that they have yet again changed the "Rules" and that I have borrowed money to cover Sept & Oct on the premise that the grant money would be backdated as SUSI themselves kept telling me.

The grant has always had an academic year from October to June. When it was local VEC's, that was how it was paid out. I don't know why they told you they had decided to change the rules. :confused:

Your daughter probably didn't get back dated because she only missed October's payment which was given to her. I believe but don't quote me on it, the next payment is the 23rd. This is when she will get her second payment. I'm hoping it is the 23rd because that is what the girl on the phone told me last week when I rand about my application. She told me I was rewarded and to enter my bank details when I get my letter and it should be here the following Friday, the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciankeaneable

I LOVE HOW SUSI TREATS US LIKE BEGGERS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sammykilroy

Hi i recieved a letter yesterday saying ive been awarded the following :

Award:100% tuition fees and 100% student/ contribution ( subject to maximum 6,270)
    Maintenance grant: e0.00

Can someone who knows, please tell me how much am i getting?
    Is it lump some or installments
    If installments how much each installment?
    My fee for college is 2250.
    Im very confused with all this dont know the diff between student contribution, tuition or maintanace. I entered my bank details yesterday as soon as i recieved this letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Hi i recieved a letter yesterday saying ive been awarded the following :

Award:100% tuition fees and 100% student/ contribution ( subject to maximum 6,270)
    Maintenance grant: e0.00

Can someone who knows, please tell me how much am i getting?
    Is it lump some or installments
    If installments how much each installment?
    My fee for college is 2250.
    Im very confused with all this dont know the diff between student contribution, tuition or maintanace. I entered my bank details yesterday as soon as i recieved this letter.

You wont receive anything directly but you don't have to pay anything to your college. SUSI will pay all of the 2250 directly to the college

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sammykilroy

Thanks for the reply whats the 6270 about in brackets so and i entered my bank details do u know why or was there any need?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stevetalk

Hey got my grant for 1,250 a week ago and then yesterday i got a payment of 135 and i was wondering will i get back dated money for September and October?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

stevetalk wrote: »
    Hey got my grant for 1,250 a week ago and then yesterday i got a payment of 135 and i was wondering will i get back dated money for September and October?

Grant is paid from October to June. So the €135 you received is probably October's payment and you will get November's later in the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stevetalk

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Thanks for the reply whats the 6270 about in brackets so and i entered my bank details do u know why or was there any need?

U will get no grant as such but fees will be paid up to a max of €6270 direct to the college. Normal fees for level 7 and 8 will only be 2250 but if you were doing a postgrad, the fee would be near enough to €6270 - that is the max they are allowed to pay for u in fees. the reason they probably asked for your bank details is that some students pay the redg fee before they get the grant awarded and they would get it refunded into their bank account.

Hope that makes it clearer for u.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shauna2012

Hi i was just wondering where do i enter my back details :/

Advertisement