Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balancing different food types

Options
  • 08-11-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Without getting too scientific and getting to the point where a a BSc in Food science is required, do many keep track of their break down of different food types consumed. The reason i ask is i got the Timex IM watch and the application/programme they have allows you to keep track of all food consumed. It then shows you the break down in terms of % of protein , fat, and carbs. At the moment i am on avergae about 40% carbs, 35% protein, 25% fat. What do most people aim for ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

I track mine, usually end up with 30% carbs, 35% fats, 35% protein normally. I've been putting on weight lately (on purpose) and have changed diets slightly to 39% carbs, 34% protein and 27% fats for the past 6 weeks but will switch back to a slightly higher fat diet in the coming weeks.

Advertisement