Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philip Schofield ambushes David Cameron with paedophile list

Options
  • 08-11-2012 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Apparently two names were visible on screen! Where will all this end? Will the politicians be outed and punished?
    Prime minister David Cameron today told Phillip Schofield he was fuelling a 'witch hunt' after the presenter sensationally handed him a list of alleged Tory paedophiles during and interview on ITV1's This Morning - and said he had found the four names during a 'cursory glance' at the internet.

But the stunt sparked huge controversy amid claims at least two names were visible when Mr Schofield accidentally showed the card to the cameras and said: 'There could have been a cover-up, a paedophile ring amongst the elite of great Britain that led all the way to Downing Street

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229808/David-Cameron-ambushed-astonishing-list-alleged-Tory-child-abusers-live-TV-Philip-Schofield-accidentally-showed-millions-viewers.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I still can't picture Philip Schofield without Gordon the Gopher on his lap.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Where To wrote: »
    I still can't picture Philip Schofield without Gordon the Gopher on his lap.]

He's now apologized, bit of a cheap stunt imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

May have been a cheap stunt, but Cameron managed to completely avoid the actual point by saying it was a witchhunt against gay people. No it's not, people are aware of corruption at the highest levels and want it investigated.
    Obviously he won't be keen to have to investigate his mates, though. I'd be amazed if anything actually comes from this inquiry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

brummytom wrote: »
    Obviously he won't be keen to have to investigate his mates, though. I'd be amazed if anything actually comes from this inquiry.

You're probably right which is quite sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Soneone would want to explain to Cameron that being gay and being a paedophile are two different things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Soneone would want to explain to Cameron that being gay and being a paedophile are two different things.
    To be fair to him, I think that's the point he was trying to make - that a lot of names have been bandied about against individuals purely because they're gay/believed to be gay. A lot of morons seem to think gay=paedophile.

Even so, any allegations should be investigated. He can't say 'it's just homophobia'. Yeah, it may be, but there may also be truth behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The gay thing is a definite attempt at a smokescreen, a pedophile can be gay, or not gay, of course.

( that said in the context of the interview, he was right to ignore the list).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I like Schofield, but that seemed like a desperate and stupid attention seeking stunt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭BensonSlide

A 'cursory glance' on the Internet to gather names isn't a basis for accusing someone of being a nonce. If accusations have been made against someone, then they should be investigated by the police. This frenzy of accusations, speculation, and hearsay on twitter, blogs and forums is quite unsettling. Names thrown around by - relatively - anonymous contributors, with no regard for where they got their information, if they have an axe to grind, if they simply hate the Tories etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Basq wrote: »
    I like Schofield, but that seemed like a desperate and stupid attention seeking stunt.

Oh, you said stunt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

brummytom wrote: »
    To be fair to him, I think that's the point he was trying to make - that a lot of names have been bandied about against individuals purely because they're gay/believed to be gay. A lot of morons seem to think gay=paedophile.

Even so, any allegations should be investigated. He can't say 'it's just homophobia'. Yeah, it may be, but there may also be truth behind them.

Don't forget, six MPs and Lords were sent to prison this year for fraud. Status is no longer a protector.

As long as the pressure is kept up and Kim Kardashians marriage, or Justin Beiber's new hair style doesn't become more important, then I have confidence that there will be arrests.

I thought it was a bit stupid of Philip Schofield though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,854 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lol @ nonce, were you in early episodes of The Bill?

'Leave it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaat maaaaaaaaaate, fwat bloke's a nonce maaaaaaaaaaate'

Still, its a serious business, the House of Lords has enough odd balls without a bunch of fiddling peers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

We should assume that anyone who wants to work with children is a paedophile. Children are inherently frustrating and disgusting things. No sane human being would want anything to do with them otherwise.

Therefore, we need to find people who detest children, to work with them. And pay them enough to do the job right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Dartz wrote: »
    We should assume that anyone who wants to work with children is a paedophile. Children are inherently frustrating and disgusting things. No sane human being would want anything to do with them otherwise.

Therefore, we need to find people who detest children, to work with them. And pay them enough to do the job right.
    Savile said he detested children. That finished well, didnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Savile said he detested children. That finished well, didnt it?
    But if you also disallowed people who admit to liking children on the grounds that they may be wronguns then you are only left with those people that are in different to children.
    Interviewer: "How do you feel about children?"
    Candidate 1: "I love the little blighters, I could eat them all up.
    Candidate 2: "I hate the little feckers. I wish they'd all feck off and die."
    Candidate 3: "Meh"
    Interviewer: "You're hired."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Schindler's Schofield's List.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Somebody should also explain to the mass deluded world that being a pedophile and being attracted to people (children or not) after puberty are two different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭vixdname

enda1 wrote: »
    Somebody should also explain to the mass deluded world that being a pedophile and being attracted to people (children or not) after puberty are two different things.

Can you then please explain to the "Mass Deluded World" what the difference "In You Opinion Is" since you seem to know so much about it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Cheap stunt, hope the regulator gives him more than a slap on the wrists

Anyone who got this weeks popbitch know how much of a twat Scholfield now looks like.

This mess is not for public entertainment, even if the media are doing their best to make it so

vixdname wrote: »
    Can you then please explain to the "Mass Deluded World" what the difference "In You Opinion Is" since you seem to know so much about it ???

Em, you even quoted the explanation!? Which bit did you not understand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

enda1 wrote: »

Seriously dodgy post just there Enda, what exactly are you saying? It's ok for a man to be sexually attracted to say a 13 year old girl but not a 10-11 year old? You do also know some people hit puberty as young as 9 ( younger again in some cases)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

An article in the Guardian today throwing doubt on the identity of one of the people 'revealed' online.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/08/mistaken-identity-tory-abuse-claim

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Cheap stunt? maybe. Stupid move? definitely.

I wonder what the idea behind it was? It's a fairly risky move on the show and on Schofe's part, surely this opens him up to legal action? Especially showing the card to camera!

blacklilly wrote: »
    Seriously dodgy post just there Enda, what exactly are you saying? It's ok for a man to be sexually attracted to say a 13 year old girl but not a 10-11 year old? You do also know some people hit puberty as young as 9 ( younger again in some cases)

You can be sexually attracted to a pineapple for all I care. There is nothing right or wrong about attraction. One needs to remove the link between attraction and crime. It is acting on the attraction to children which is wrong, particularly in the case of prepubescent children (pedophiles). Attraction to children who've been through puberty is a whole different ballpark. Many countries have very different stances on an acceptable age of consent or age differential between the partners.

And there is nothing "dodgy" about correcting ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

That's not what he said.. There are stories out there that some of the alleged abusers are gay tory mps ..and sadly some idiots think that being gay automatically makes you a paedophile.

Schofield wouldnt have done it if he didnt get the ok from his producers either. What a moron, to say they must be paedophiles because their names are on the internet is ridiculous, anyone could say on the internet that when they were on one of Schofields kids TV shows in the '80's that he was acting dodgy around them so automatically he must be a paedophile. If Schofield is so sure that the people on the list are paedos why hasnt he gone to the police with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Don't forget, six MPs and Lords were sent to prison this year for fraud. Status is no longer a protector.

Status no longer a protector? Oh don't swallow that, it was merely an exercise in tokenism and nothing more.

Advertisement