Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI to close branch

Options
  • 08-11-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Just heard this morning BoI are closing 94 O'Connell Street in 3 months. Staff found out last night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No surprise there to be honest. I always thought it was strange to run two large banks so close to each other. The 94 O'Connell Street one is the one that takes in the big bucks delivery I thought. Always had the army with the big money truck at it. I don't remember ever seeing it at 125 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The cash handling & transfer end of it is separate from the actual bank.
    Not sure if that is included in the closure as the staff there are a totally separate entity, and the building (although it is behind the Bank) is not really part of the branch itself and can easily be operated as a stand-alone affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

What happens of you have an account there? Does it close or is it moved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

ian87 wrote: »
    What happens of you have an account there? Does it close or is it moved?

Yes your account will move

• Advertisement

Yes but when I lodge money to that account for instance in the branch in dooradoyle they ask me in which branch the account is held..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Yes but when I lodge money to that account for instance in the branch in dooradoyle they ask me in which branch the account is held..

Makes it easier to find I would imagine?

I see fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Each branch has a sort code associated with it. This is how the different branches identify where the account resides.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

You'll get a letter explaining what happens and I think you may be allowed switch to a different branch than the other one on O'Connell St if you so wish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement